luck-sacked into a good team p/u from FA? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

luck-sacked into a good team p/u from FA?

Moderator: Football Moderators

luck-sacked into a good team p/u from FA?

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:02 pm

This team I just inherited (will be my only FF team this year) I received from an old co-worker who runs a league booted a guy for attempting to pull off a colluded trade and I took his team and wondering why he needed to make a move...

Available FA:
QB- Flynn (contract expired - draft + contract player periods already passed) (and nothing)
RB- Lattimore, J. Stewart (waivers - contract expired)
WR-Hill, Tate, nothing good really
TE-nothing good

This team has two open slots on its roster debating on who to pick up).
Team
I asked how this team got so stacked and his rookie (protected picks have been Morris, T-Rich, and RG3...traded Hernandez for Tannehill and a 1st rounder next year before I took the team.)

QB - Cam Newton, RG3 (E. Manning, R. Tannehill)
WR - Megatron, Wallace, S. Smith, V. Cruz (J. Jones)
RB - Adrian Peterson, Alfred Morris (T. Richardson, F. Gore)
TE - Graham (Olsen)
K - Hartley
DST - Pitt

This is a sick sick team. I mean what can beat it? It has 2 stud QBs (legit backups, stud RBs and legit backups, stud WR and a legit backup).

My god...why would this guy even want to attempt to intentionally cheat someone off and lose this kind of a roster?!

Yes Jon Stewart is in FA (but he would have to become my franchise player I'd have to sign him to an automatic three year contract and whatever. I'd like to grab another WR. I'm just trying to decide between Stewart and a free add (and not cost me anything Lattimore - owning Gore as you can see)....and maybe one of those two WR..

I got the team being first on his go-to waiting list to get into the league...Kinds of gifts like this don't come along everyday...
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 134)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: luck-sacked into a good team p/u from FA?

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:22 pm

I think I would go after Lattimore. You don't really need anybody now and Lattimore has beast potential with injury risk.

The WR's available are not as good as him in my opinion.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Perfectibilist » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:29 am

MadDog36 wrote:Yes Jon Stewart is in FA (but he would have to become my franchise player I'd have to sign him to an automatic three year contract and whatever.

Umm, nah, I wouldn't do that.

I'd like to grab another WR. I'm just trying to decide between Stewart and a free add (and not cost me anything Lattimore - owning Gore as you can see)....and maybe one of those two WR.. .

I would take Lattimore before anyone else does, no question. I would also, based off the two you listed, take Hill. He's a 2nd year player with tremendous upside still, that hasn't changed. Tate had a great year, but I'm not sure how much I trust him to be consistent.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby duffoholic » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:42 am

Perfectibilist wrote:
MadDog36 wrote:I would take Lattimore before anyone else does, no question. I would also, based off the two you listed, take Hill. He's a 2nd year player with tremendous upside still, that hasn't changed. Tate had a great year, but I'm not sure how much I trust him to be consistent.

Yeah, the situation around Tate also got a little more crowded with the addition of a go to guy like Harvin. I was a fan of Golden but won't be trying to keep him around this year, that's for sure.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions