16 team keeper league...HELP me choose final keeper - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

16 team keeper league...HELP me choose final keeper

Moderator: Football Moderators

16 team keeper league...HELP me choose final keeper

Postby kevinkallberg » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:39 pm

16 team, H2H PPR keeper league. Standard yahoo stats/roster positions.

I have the #2 overall pick in the draft and will probably take either Tavon Austin, Ball or Bell.

Who would you keep? We can keep 6 offensive and MUST keep at least 1 IDP for a total of 7 players.

My projected keepers
1. Andrew Luck
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Trent Richardson
4. Vick Ballard
5. Ben Tate
6. Derrick Johnson

Possible keepers
Michael Floyd
Rueben Randle
Robert Turbin
Ryan Williams
Tim Jennings
Devin McCourty
Jason Pierre-Paul (thinking he'll be my last keeper)


Thanks for your opinions!!
kevinkallberg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 121
(Past Year: 19)
Joined: 17 Aug 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 16 team keeper league...HELP me choose final keeper

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:27 pm

kevinkallberg wrote:16 team, H2H PPR keeper league. Standard yahoo stats/roster positions.

I have the #2 overall pick in the draft and will probably take either Tavon Austin, Ball or Bell.

Who would you keep? We can keep 6 offensive and MUST keep at least 1 IDP for a total of 7 players.

My projected keepers
1. Andrew Luck
2. Calvin Johnson
3. Trent Richardson
4. Vick Ballard
5. Ben Tate
6. Derrick Johnson

Possible keepers
Michael Floyd
Rueben Randle
Robert Turbin
Ryan Williams
Tim Jennings
Devin McCourty
Jason Pierre-Paul (thinking he'll be my last keeper)


Thanks for your opinions!!



I think you nailed it. Given your roster in a 16 team league, I think Luck, Calvin, TRich, Ballard , and D.Johnson are all no-brainers. I'd also keep Tate because he's played well in the past, and his rookie contract is up after this year. He might be starting elsewhere in 2014. I like the other 4 offensive players that you listed, but none of them have really done anything in the NFL yet. All 4 might be good in the future, but all 4 also might never amount to anything in the future. Jennings & McCourty are both decent DB's, but JPP is the only one among your "possible keepers" that has shown that he can be elite at his position. He had a down year last year, but he's only 24, and I think he has plenty of great years ahead of him. So I'd make JPP my 7th keeper. Good luck! ;-D
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17169
(Past Year: 78)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: 16 team keeper league...HELP me choose final keeper

Postby wtr23 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:11 pm

Depending on your IDP scoring I may keep Jennings or McCourty over Tate. Everyone is excited to see him break out, expecting extra carries this year. I just don't see it happening.
Image
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 909
(Past Year: 224)
Joined: 9 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Football
Location: California

Re: 16 team keeper league...HELP me choose final keeper

Postby kevinkallberg » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:18 am

wtr23 wrote:Depending on your IDP scoring I may keep Jennings or McCourty over Tate. Everyone is excited to see him break out, expecting extra carries this year. I just don't see it happening.


Not really expecting him to break out with Houston this year, looking forward to him being either traded or signs on with another team for next year, I think he may be a top RB if he gets the carries. Do you think he'll do anything at all, either this or next year?
kevinkallberg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 121
(Past Year: 19)
Joined: 17 Aug 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 16 team keeper league...HELP me choose final keeper

Postby wtr23 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:44 am

This is just how I see it...

Tate is in a contract year, but running behind Foster puts a damper on his value. He may see 5-10 touches a game, maybe a TD here and there, but unless you are a Foster owner or he goes down with an injury I'm dealing him to the Foster owner, at worst drop him and you have a decent chance to scoop him up again. If he isn't going to be producing for you for that year, thats wasting a keeper. Especially with two DBs that are going to be producing this year, next year, and so on, and at a high level for the position.
Image
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 909
(Past Year: 224)
Joined: 9 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Football
Location: California

Re: 16 team keeper league...HELP me choose final keeper

Postby Perfectibilist » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:31 pm

wtr23 wrote: If he isn't going to be producing for you for that year, thats wasting a keeper. Especially with two DBs that are going to be producing this year, next year, and so on, and at a high level for the position.


I agree with this. Unless you have a horrendous team, or a truly unbelievable talent, no bench players should be keepers. I'm honestly not too excited about Ballard being a keeper either, but I can certainly understand the disadvantage to not keeping two RBs.
Image
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 662
Joined: 30 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Denver

Re: 16 team keeper league...HELP me choose final keeper

Postby murphysxm » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:32 pm

I would not be throwing Floyd back under any circumstances. Floyd is a better prospect than TY Hilton and Arians's offense made him a star. Especially with Bradshaw probably coming to Indy, throw Ballard back.
Image
murphysxm
Moderator
Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 2596
(Past Year: 212)
Joined: 24 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indianapolis

Re: 16 team keeper league...HELP me choose final keeper

Postby kevinkallberg » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:47 pm

murphysxm wrote:I would not be throwing Floyd back under any circumstances. Floyd is a better prospect than TY Hilton and Arians's offense made him a star. Especially with Bradshaw probably coming to Indy, throw Ballard back.


Would either teams QB situation affect your decision? Hilton has Luck who's a possible future stud. Floyd has Palmer for who knows how long, and then who's going to QB that team?
kevinkallberg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 121
(Past Year: 19)
Joined: 17 Aug 2012
Home Cafe: Football


Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 23:52 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact