draft pick swap - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

draft pick swap

Moderator: Football Moderators

draft pick swap

Postby nate22 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:20 pm

I give 6, 30 and get 19, 20 and a 2nd rd next year.

Very tempted but am worried a top talent could slip to 6 and id regret it...jump on it?

Would give me 18, 19, 20
nate22
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: draft pick swap

Postby nate22 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:02 pm

Oops...its a 5 round rookie/free agent draft...dynasty league
nate22
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:52 pm

nate22 wrote:I give 6, 30 and get 19, 20 and a 2nd rd next year.

Very tempted but am worried a top talent could slip to 6 and id regret it...jump on it?

Would give me 18, 19, 20

nate22 wrote:Oops...its a 5 round rookie/free agent draft...dynasty league

Looks like this is a 12 team league (6, 18, and 30 would be 1.06, 2.06, and 3.06 in a 12 team league). I think this depends on how good your team is. If you're one of the better teams, I think I might do it because you're giving up 1.06 & 3.06 for 2.07, 2.08, and a 2014 2nd. There aren't a lot of elite prospects in this years draft, but there are a lot of decent players left in the mid 2nd. If you're one of the weaker teams, I think I might stay put and take my chances at getting a stud at 1.06. Rankings are all over the place this year, but there seems to be a consensus top 7 in rookie drafts (G.Bernard/T.Austin/Bell/Hopkins/Patterson/Lacy/Ball), so you can get one of them and hope they hit. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Indibuck » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:08 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
nate22 wrote:I give 6, 30 and get 19, 20 and a 2nd rd next year.

Would give me 18, 19, 20

nate22 wrote:Oops...its a 5 round rookie/free agent draft...dynasty league

Looks like this is a 12 team league (6, 18, and 30 would be 1.06, 2.06, and 3.06 in a 12 team league). I think this depends on how good your team is. If you're one of the better teams, I think I might do it because you're giving up 1.06 & 3.06 for 2.07, 2.08, and a 2014 2nd. There aren't a lot of elite prospects in this years draft, but there are a lot of decent players left in the mid 2nd. If you're one of the weaker teams, I think I might stay put and take my chances at getting a stud at 1.06. Rankings are all over the place this year, but there seems to be a consensus top 7 in rookie drafts (G.Bernard/T.Austin/Bell/Hopkins/Patterson/Lacy/Ball), so you can get one of them and hope they hit. Good luck! ;-D

Solid advice. I lean towards taking the deal.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby nate22 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:53 am

Did it but talked him down to me send my 4th rd pick...so 42 not 30 ;-)
nate22
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:15 am

nate22 wrote:Did it but talked him down to me send my 4th rd pick...so 42 not 30 ;-)

There you go. Way to work it. ;-D

As Indi stated this seems to be a year where alot of value is coming in the 2nd round. (I truly think that the picks I made in the Dynasty leagues im in with him carried a tremendous amount of weight to him making that statement :-D :-b but I digress)

I always prefer having as high of a pick as possible because in my experience after about pick 6-8 in the first round you start to see a pretty big drop off in talent. This year you have 7 picks until the drop off and even the drop off to Keenan Allen, Hunter, Lattimore, etc is not that much. The top 7 are sort of interchangeable to which makes your 1:06 a bit more risky.

I think you made a good trade here. Might hurt you a little this year but should offer more bennies next year
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby nate22 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:20 am

We added a 3 man taxi squad this season...so can nab some upside guys and watch them
nate22
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions