Jason Pierre-Paul Has Back Surgery - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

Jason Pierre-Paul Has Back Surgery

Jason Pierre-Paul Has Back Surgery

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jun 05, 2013 10:20 pm

Yet another big NFL star is undergoing back surgery, raising doubts about his readiness for the season.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Tuesday morning that New York Giants defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul will undergo back surgery Tuesday. He is not expected to be ready for the start of training camp, but he hopes to be ready for Week 1.

The Giants later confirmed that Pierre-Paul underwent surgery, saying his recovery period is projected for 12 weeks. It's not hard to do the math: Pierre-Paul will have to hustle to be ready for the regular season...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000 ... pierrepaul

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Jason Pierre-Paul Has Back Surgery

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:35 pm

Jason Pierre-Paul says he's 75 percent, not sure when he'll return
Conor Orr/The Star-Ledger By Conor Orr/The Star-Ledger
on July 27, 2013 at 1:19 PM, updated July 27, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Jason Pierre-Paul described his back surgery as "horrible" and that, above anything, he doesn't want to rush back and risk further damage.

Right now, he's at 75 percent, with no timetable for a return. There does not seem to be an overwhelming push to make sure that date is somewhere around the season-opener.

"I'm not concentrating on the first game, the second game, the third game the fourth game..." Pierre-Paul said. "I'm just trying to come back when I feel like I'm ready to come back."

He added later: "I can't promise nothin'."

Pierre-Paul said the pain started about two years ago. He didn't know anything was serious until tests revealed the need for a surgery. Among the lingering side effects, Pierre-Paul said doctors told him about a weakness in his right knee.

"When I went to go see the doctor, he told me he had weakness in my right knee, which, I never noticed," Pierre-Paul said. "They ran a couple tests and that's when I realized I had the weakness in my knee."

con't...

more: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013 ... eturn.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to IDP