RGIII or Danny Amendola as a keeper? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

RGIII or Danny Amendola as a keeper?

Moderator: Football Moderators

RGIII or Danny Amendola as a keeper?

Postby Bluke221 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:44 am

This is a ten team league, each team gets three keepers. Keepers are decided based on the section of rounds they were drafted in. I.E you can keep one player drafted from rounds 1-6 OR a player you kept from the previous year, you can keep one player from rounds 7-13, and you can keep one from rounds 14-20.

I'm in great shape going into this season with my first keeper being Calvin Johnson and my second tier keeper being CJ Spiller. The third keeper is where I have a decision to make. It's going to come down to RGIII or Danny Amendola and in a vacuum I would take RGIII all day long. I'm very concerned with his injury though.

This is a PPR league that also gives .5 pts for a completion and .5 pts for a rushing attempt. The points for rushing attempts is what really makes RGIII attractive but with the injury possibly sidelining him early in the season and then limiting his rushing attempts once he comes back I'm concerned he may not have the passing skills to put up the same points he did for me last year. Add to that Amendola who I hadn't even considered keeping until he signed with New England. Now I have visions Wes Welker 2.0 going off in New England coupled with a hobbled RGIII struggling to throw and handing off to Morris 25 times a game.

Obviously as the season gets closer RGIII's rehab progress will play a big role in my decision but I think I need some people to help slap sense into me.
Bluke221
Monday Morning Quarterback

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: RGIII or Danny Amendola as a keeper?

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:19 am

Because of the carries I would take RGIII. What worries me about Amendola is his injury risk and the fact that NE spreads the ball around. He catches alot of passes but I dont think he will duplicate Welker.

Wash says they are going to lower the carries to 70 but last year he was over 120 carries. Id say thats the range he will be in so that adds between 35-60 points. Thats alot of extra TD's.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:22 am

Bluke221 wrote:This is a ten team league, each team gets three keepers. Keepers are decided based on the section of rounds they were drafted in. I.E you can keep one player drafted from rounds 1-6 OR a player you kept from the previous year, you can keep one player from rounds 7-13, and you can keep one from rounds 14-20.

I'm in great shape going into this season with my first keeper being Calvin Johnson and my second tier keeper being CJ Spiller. The third keeper is where I have a decision to make. It's going to come down to RGIII or Danny Amendola and in a vacuum I would take RGIII all day long. I'm very concerned with his injury though.

This is a PPR league that also gives .5 pts for a completion and .5 pts for a rushing attempt. The points for rushing attempts is what really makes RGIII attractive but with the injury possibly sidelining him early in the season and then limiting his rushing attempts once he comes back I'm concerned he may not have the passing skills to put up the same points he did for me last year. Add to that Amendola who I hadn't even considered keeping until he signed with New England. Now I have visions Wes Welker 2.0 going off in New England coupled with a hobbled RGIII struggling to throw and handing off to Morris 25 times a game.

Obviously as the season gets closer RGIII's rehab progress will play a big role in my decision but I think I need some people to help slap sense into me.

Welcome to the Cafe! ;-D

I understand your concerns with RGIII, but I'd have the same concerns about Amendola (he's only played 16 games in 1 of his 4 seasons). Amendola might have a career season if he stays healthy. Given your scoring system, RGIII would be my 3rd keeper, and it's not even close. I think you can get Amendola back in the draft a lot easier than RGIII. I'd just draft a backup QB earlier than normal. This way you'll have a good QB as insurance...just in case RGIII doesn't start the season and/or put up the same #'s that he did last year. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby mzkp54 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:15 am

I'd go with RG3 ;-D
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Postby Zbetty » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:57 am

I think RGIII has a better chance of playing the full season. If Danny could make it through he could put up some great numbers, but I would have to roll with RGIII.
10 Team PPR predraft
QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- CJ Spiller, Marshawn Lynch
WR- Jordy Nelson, Michael Crabtree
TE- Jimmy Graham
LB- James Laurinaitis
DL- Corey Liuget
DB- Harrison Smith
Zbetty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby dugbrandon » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:28 pm

I think RGIII is a pretty simple decision. For all the reasons you don't like him (injury) Amendola has those same issues, if not worse.
dugbrandon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jfarrell24 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:17 pm

Both are big injury risks....RG3's upside is ridiculous.

Could you trade keep one and trade the other? If so, trade whichever you can and keep the other.

Help with mine?

viewtopic.php?t=534037
jfarrell24
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 34)

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:15 pm

Welcome to the Cafe, don't over think it. I would take RGIII even before I heard he gets points for rushing attempts
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby T-Lo » Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:58 pm

RGIII no question sir. Also, if he isn't already on a team just get Kirk Cousins [RGIII's actual backup]. He is fairly solid as a replacement.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 68)

Postby duffoholic » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:37 am

I'm going to buck the trend here and say that you can afford to throw RGIII back this year. This is only a 10 team league right? And am I correct in understanding that you can only keep one player for multiple years? (I like this idea) It this is the case, you probably won't be keeping RGIII next year anywaywith Megatron and Spiller also on the roster and I don't think RGIII is the guy I want THIS season anyway. I'd much prefer at least 6-8 other QB's this season so, unless there are a bunch of teams keeping QBs (which I doubt aside from Kaep and Wilson as third tier keepers and maybe a couple first tier guys... Anyway, I'd rather take a chance with Danny this season as my tier 3 guy and get a QB I could really count on this season.

That's my two cents on the subject. The fact that this isn't a typical keeper league takes away a lot of the value of RGIII since he isn't going to be the best player on your roster in most seasons and that's what he would have to be in order for you to keep him beyond the first year.

What other QB's do you expect to be kept this year?
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions