Have I improved my team? (IDP) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Have I improved my team? (IDP)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Have I improved my team? (IDP)

Postby mzkp54 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:12 am

I know many aren't familiar with IDP, but for those that are, I'm curious if people think I have significantly improved my team this offseason through various trades, the draft, and FA.

League is very deep- start 22 (11 offense, 11 defense) with a superflex option. Need to start at least one at each position and flex the rest. PPR, 1.5 for TE, and defensive scoring is very balanced, so the top IDP are equally valuable to the top offensive players.

Here is my roster and starters from the end of '12:

QB: RG3, Fitzpatrick, Flynn, Cassel, Quinn
RB: Lynch, Morris, Ingram,Thomas, Ivory, Brown, Carter
WR: Green, Garcon, Maclin, Austin,, Avery, Lafell, Quick, Streater, Manningham, Jean
TE: Hernandez, Chandler, Kendricks
K: Janikowski, Lindell
DT: Wilfork, Taylor, Raji, Guion, Patterson
DE: Williams, Abraham, Long, Babin
LB: DQJackson, Fletcher, Ryans, Nicholas, Hawthorne, Hali, Orakpo
CB: Gilmore, Joseph, Jammer, Kirkpatrick, Amukamura
S: Bethea, Reed, Griffin

And after my moves so far this offseason, here is my presumed roster and starters for next year:

QB- RG3, Manuel/Geno, Manuel/Geno, Kolb, Cousins, Henne, Fitzpatrick, Foles,
RB- Lynch, Morris, Ingram, DBrown, PThomas, LMurray, Helu, Royster
WR- Green, Garcon, Marshall, Streater, T Williams, Mellette, Lafell, Quick, Manningham
TE- Hernandez, Myers, Miller, Chandler, Kendricks
K- Prater, Janikowski
DT- Wilfork, Taylor
DE- MWilliams, Wake, Abraham, Long, Babin
LB- Bowman, DQJackson, Fletcher, Ellerbe, Alonso, Hawthorne, Nicholas, Graham, Hali, Orakpo
CB- Gilmore Robinson, Smith, Grimes, Joseph
S- Bethea, LLandry, Reed, Griffin, Merriweather

Thanks ;-D
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 243)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Have I improved my team? (IDP)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:25 pm

mzkp54 wrote:I know many aren't familiar with IDP, but for those that are, I'm curious if people think I have significantly improved my team this offseason through various trades, the draft, and FA.

League is very deep- start 22 (11 offense, 11 defense) with a superflex option. Need to start at least one at each position and flex the rest. PPR, 1.5 for TE, and defensive scoring is very balanced, so the top IDP are equally valuable to the top offensive players.

WR: Green, Garcon, Maclin, Austin,, Avery, Lafell, Quick, Streater, Manningham, Jean

And after my moves so far this offseason, here is my presumed roster and starters for next year:

WR- Green, Garcon, Marshall, Streater, T Williams, Mellette, Lafell, Quick, Manningham
K- Prater, Janikowski
DT- Wilfork, Taylor
LB- Bowman, DQJackson, Fletcher, Ellerbe, Alonso, Hawthorne, Nicholas, Graham, Hali, Orakpo

Thanks ;-D

I think that you definitely improved the IDP's on your team. You added Wake to your DE's. He's a huge upgrade for your 2nd starter at DE. Wake and MWilliams are both top 10 DE's (or higher) in both dynasty & redraft formats, so you should have 2 great DE's for several years. You added one of the top LB's in the league in Bowman. You added Ellerbe who will finally get a chance to start at MLB in Miami. And you drafted Alonso who has a lot of potential if he wins a starting job in Buffalo. The only LB that you lost was Ryans, so I definitely think you upgraded your LB corps (even if Ellerbe & Alonso don't work out). Then you added LLandy who definitely upgrades your S's. There's no doubt that you significantly upgraded your IDP's at those 3 key positions. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 86)

Postby Perfectibilist » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:42 pm

mzkp54 wrote:I know many aren't familiar with IDP, but for those that are, I'm curious if people think I have significantly improved my team this offseason through various trades, the draft, and FA.

K- Prater, Janikowski
DT- Wilfork, Taylor

Thanks ;-D

QB - Well you almost definitely upgraded your QB2. Hopefully one of those guys comes out of camp as the starter. Otherwise, you might have to make a deal to add a guy for a few weeks.
RB - I like Murray as a dynasty stash. Who knows if he will pan out, but as late as he's being drafted you could certainly do worse. You did, however, lose Ivory and added Murray, Helu & Royster, so I would say for now you downgraded your RB4 position. However, Ivory didn't beat our PT in NO, so your RB4 may have been Thomas regardless.
WR - Lost Maclin, Austin and Avery, however, adding BMarsh is HUGE. From what I understand basically for starters it will now be BMarsh & Ingram instead of Austin & Maclin. As long as Ingram doesn't flop, should be an upgrade. Also sleeper-talk for Streater in the offseason, so could be trade bait at some point soon.
K - Denver offense >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Anything in Buffalo, except maybe the wings.
DT -lost depth, I would maybe add another, but I'm assuming DTs aren't scoring juggernauts.
DE - Added Wake, great add. You could also do much worse than Long as your DE3, I might even flip him at some point if the right deal came along.
LB - Fletcher is old, but still playing at a decent level, I expect a noticeable decline this season, but I've been wrong before. Love the additions of Bowman, Ellerbe and Alonso though. Even if Fletcher retired tomorrow you've got good depth here. Also have Orakpo coming back as an added bonus.
CB - I like that you only have one projected starter, I hate the inconsistency that you can get from CBs.
S - Love the addition of Landry, I expect him to be a solid DB2, if not DB1, if he can stay healthy.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mzkp54 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:31 pm

Thanks for the detailed input guys! Yeah I feel that my offensive depth isn't where it could be, but my offensive starters, and overall defense got much better.
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 243)

Postby mzkp54 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:13 pm

any other thoughts?
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach