Should I trade Lynch? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Should I trade Lynch?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Should I trade Lynch?

Postby kgecklund » Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:49 pm

Alright guys, we all know there is a possible looming suspension hanging over Lynch's head for his 2012 DUI offense. Im in a 12 team keeper league where we can keep 2 guys from our previous season. I have Lynch, Demaryius, Kaepernick, and Hernandez as the only possible guys I was considering keeping. Lynch is a lock, and I was leaning Demaryius as my other but Welker is scaring me.

Should I try and unload Lynch while I can or should I just be patient and hope he doesnt get suspended?

ALSO:

Would you trade Lynch and Demaryius to get Jamal Charles and Megatron?
kgecklund
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 22)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Should I trade Lynch?

Postby murphysxm » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:04 pm

kgecklund wrote:Would you trade Lynch and Demaryius to get Jamal Charles and Megatron?

No I would RUN to make this trade
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Mr.Joshua » Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:34 pm

murphysxm wrote:
kgecklund wrote:Would you trade Lynch and Demaryius to get Jamal Charles and Megatron?

Yep, do it now ;-D
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby duffoholic » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:27 pm

Mr.Joshua wrote:
murphysxm wrote:

Yep, do it now ;-D

If that trade has been offered to you, take it yesterday. I might be insulted if that trade was offered to me. Megatron is kinda like AP to most people in that he is a stand-alone at his position right now. I agree that Thomas is no slouch either but having to choose, there isn't a question. As for the Charles side of things, I can only see his TD's improving with an actual QB and a major coaching change. The Chiefs were completely inept last year offensively and Charles suffered for it but still wound up with 1500 yards. If you drop that 150-200 yards but add 200-400 receiving plus a couple more TD's this season, the guy looks to be a stud this year. Plus, there isn't a lot of talent behind him so he stands to be a 3 down back again with very little time on the sideline whereas Lynch may be dealing with suspension plus has Turbin and possibly Christine Michael ready to steal carries this season. I like Lynch a lot, and think you could do a lot worse than Lynch and Thomas as your keepers but the other side of this trade would be golden if you could hit it.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:27 pm

No question for me either. Id take it in a heart beat ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby JOBOOZOSO » Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:29 pm

kgecklund wrote:Alright guys, we all know there is a possible looming suspension hanging over Lynch's head for his 2012 DUI offense. Im in a 12 team keeper league where we can keep 2 guys from our previous season. I have Lynch, Demaryius, Kaepernick, and Hernandez as the only possible guys I was considering keeping. Lynch is a lock, and I was leaning Demaryius as my other but Welker is scaring me.

Should I try and unload Lynch while I can or should I just be patient and hope he doesnt get suspended?

ALSO:

Would you trade Lynch and Demaryius to get Jamal Charles and Megatron?

Welker should not scare you off DThomas.

I doubt other owner accepts JC and Calvin deal.
Last edited by JOBOOZOSO on Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JOBOOZOSO
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby nightfox422 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:58 pm

If the owner of JC and megatron made that trade offer to you, take it before he realizes what just happened.

If your just throwing possible scenarios out there, which I expect you are, then you are way off on what you should expect to get for that Combo.

As was stated above, if I was the megatron/CJ owner, I would be insulted at that as a trade offer.

JC and Lynch is a wash, imo, with possibility of suspension that makes JC a better back to have if you had to choose.

Megatron is a tier of himself at WR and its not even a close comparison with thomas.

If you can pull that trade off, more power to you, got any spots open in your league?

Otherwise id just keep lynch/thomas and ride out a good season from both. Unless you lose the draft spots where they were taken, in which case it depends what rounds each of them would be in compared to your other keeper options
nightfox422
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafeholic

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:44 am

Like others have said, take that offer if its an actual offer and not just a pipe dream. I wouldn't be looking to trade Lynch right now unless an offer like that came along that blew me out of the water, or if you could find a way to trade him straight up for a younger back like Martin or Richardson or something.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby bigdogg712 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:16 am

OMFG Charles will be the best back in football this year, and Megatron is better than Thomas any day of the year!!!!! Take this and run away with the title my man!!! You just got 2 1st round draft picks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you rate my mocks?
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=534044&p=3524441#p3524441

Thanks, hope I helped!
bigdogg712 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 45)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions