Forte vs chris johnson (ppr)

Postby sabomnim » Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:04 pm

Both entered the league the same year
Both are protected around the same spot
Both have a TD vulture behind them
Both catch passes and make big plays
Forte catches more passes but cj makes more big plays

Who do you rank higher?

Also, where do you rank sjax compared to them?
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Forte vs chris johnson (ppr)

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:48 am

sabomnim wrote:Both entered the league the same year
Both are protected around the same spot
Both have a TD vulture behind them
Both catch passes and make big plays
Forte catches more passes but cj makes more big plays

Who do you rank higher?

Also, where do you rank sjax compared to them?

I rank Forte higher, but his value is largely tied to a PPR league. Like you said CJ makes more plays but he also has more dud games, i like the consistency of Forte. When he is healthy he will give you right around 100 total yards per game EVERY game. He doesnt have those 200 yard breakout games but he rarely has those 40-50 yard duds. Plus now that the Bears have Marshall and Alshon i see their offence being a bit more open leading to more opportunities for Forte.

As far as him vs Jackson i would say it depends on whether its PPR or not. In a PPR i slightly go Forte, in standard i go with SJax. Forte's calling card is his receiving skills but his downfall is his TDs since he only gets 7-8 per year. Jackson could be a TD machine this year and with that offense being what it is I can see his yards being similar to Fortes. I would say they are both fringe RB1/RB2 guys
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby 11stever11 » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:11 pm

I rank them Steven Jackson, Matt Forte, then Chris Johnson. I think that Jackson will get well over 50 receptions in the Falcons high-octane offense. He will also see plenty of red-zone opportunities, so I expect him to get double digit touchdowns. Forte will not get as many red-zone looks as Jackson. Chris Johnson is too boom-or-bust for me.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby duffoholic » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:16 pm

11stever11 wrote:I rank them Steven Jackson, Matt Forte, then Chris Johnson. I think that Jackson will get well over 50 receptions in the Falcons high-octane offense. He will also see plenty of red-zone opportunities, so I expect him to get double digit touchdowns. Forte will not get as many red-zone looks as Jackson. Chris Johnson is too boom-or-bust for me.

I agree. Johnson is just a nightmare. He's like starting Flacco or Romo at QB. He COULD put up 30+ points but he could also put up 4...
I think Jackson has a couple good years in ATL before retiring. The guy certainly deserves it!
And Forte is a long way off from the seasons where he accounted for 60+% of the offence in Chicago. He's still a solid RB2 but, as much as I'd like to see it happen, I don't think he makes it back to the RB1 style numbers he had a couple years ago.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby Mizou » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:37 pm

I have to agree with 11stever11's ranking: St. Jax, Forte, then CJ.

I am very high on what Steven Jackson can do this year in Atlanta's offense. Think of Turner's first few years. He'll get tons of red zone looks, and isn't as worn down as Turner was last year.

Forte is a stud, plain and simple. PPR helps his value a lot.

I'm not a Chris Johnson fan. Guy only runs hard when he wants to, and that's not something I look for in a RB with that high of a draft value.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby mycuccismells » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:25 am

I would agree that I'm higher on SJax right now, but i think Forte could easily match his numbers. While Forte may not have as large of a % of the Bears offense anymore, it appears that their offense will be a bit more dynamic and explosive so he could have some good numbers. The knock has always been the TDs and that wont change, especially with Marshall being such a great red zone target.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions