Stevan Ridley!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Stevan Ridley!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Stevan Ridley!!

Postby MRiH » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:56 pm

What do you guys think of taking Ridley in the 2nd round?
Do you like it or do you think there are better RB options in the middle of the 2nd round?

Thanks
MRiH
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 76)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Stevan Ridley!!

Postby Indibuck » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:52 pm

Depends on how big the league is, and what your scoring parameters are.

But for most scenarios, I think you can do better in the 2nd.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:58 pm

MRiH wrote:What do you guys think of taking Ridley in the 2nd round?
Do you like it or do you think there are better RB options in the middle of the 2nd round?

Thanks

That's too early for my taste, and I think there should be better RB options in the mid 2nd. According to fantasypros, his ADP is 28th in non-PPR, so that's early 3rd. His ADP (on fantasypros) plummets to the late 5th round in PPR leagues because he's not involved in the passing game at all (only 6 catches on 14 targets in 16 games last year). He's obviously the top RB on NE, but I don't trust or like to have any NE RB's on my teams. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Jason497 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:21 am

It's going to be hard to be objective here because I just don't trust Belichick to feature Ridley like he did last year. It's very likely, but I just don't trust it. Not to mention his upside is capped in PPR because he doesn't catch passes. Vareen, Bolden, Blount, Washington, a lot of capable backs they've piled up over there and before Bolden hurt his knee and got suspended last year he was getting his fair share to go with Ridley/Woodhead. Just a sketchy situation in my mind, he won't be on any of my teams unless he falls farther than he should.

That being said, Ridley is going 20th on fantasyfootballcalculator in Standard, which is 2nd round, I think he's more of a 3rd rounder there. In PPR, I wouldn't want anything to do with him until the 4th.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:31 pm

I dont trust Ridley, but I would say that offense is shaping up for the run game to be a big factor again like last year. The problem is that they run too many backs, and that combined with Ridley fumbling means his production is volatile.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions