RG3 for Decker & Ivory - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

RG3 for Decker & Ivory

Moderator: Football Moderators

RG3 for Decker & Ivory

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:52 am

I hold RG3 and Colin Kaepernick in a 12 team dynasty league. Standards scoring with mild PPR. I have crap WRs, with Mike Williams being my "ace". Finished 11 out of 12 last season and I am desperate to parlay one of my stud QBs into solid starters. I think Decker is a WR1.5 and Ivory could be a solid starting RB. I also have Bilal Powell, so if Ivory is a dud, maybe Powell takes over...

I also have the 1.02 pick, so I can probably pick up another solid starter in the draft.

Your thoughts on this would be appreciated. WHIR!
Cult of Dionysus
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: RG3 for Decker & Ivory

Postby Mr.Joshua » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:19 am

I agree you have to trade 1 for an upgrade. I think you have to look at Decker/Ivory as low #2's with potential for more. Don't rush, you may be able to get more for a qb like that. maybe try to focus on getting 1 stud instead of 2 average guys.
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 231)

Postby duffoholic » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:28 am

I would be looking to sell high on Kaep if you can. I think that in the long run, RGIII is the man. You should play your gut though and if you don't care which one you keep, throwing them both out there to field offers would probably be best.

Have you been offered Ivory and Decker? Your post is unclear there... That trade seems okay but I wouldn't rush towards it, see if you could maybe upgrade your 2.02 pick as well?
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 444)

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:13 pm

It's been an on-going negotiation... Part of the problem is that many of the managers have solid QBs to begin with, so the value of my young studs isn't that high.

I had a deal pending after last season (and before RG3 blew out his knee) for a straight swap of RG3 for The Gronk. Needless to say, I'm glad that the trade didn't go off. But perhaps I could find a similar type of trade, stud for stud.

Thanks for the input.
Cult of Dionysus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:29 pm

duffoholic wrote:I would be looking to sell high on Kaep if you can. I think that in the long run, RGIII is the man. You should play your gut though and if you don't care which one you keep, throwing them both out there to field offers would probably be best.

I would agree with this, and I would also ask who your RBs are?? If you have 2 decent RBs Ivory is a hit or miss type of gamble that i would be rushing to take if it isnt necessary. If you are looking OK at RB i would much rather try and get someone more along the lines of a Harvin or D.Thomas rather than Decker and Ivory
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 378)

Postby duffoholic » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:36 pm

mycuccismells wrote:
duffoholic wrote:I would be looking to sell high on Kaep if you can. I think that in the long run, RGIII is the man. You should play your gut though and if you don't care which one you keep, throwing them both out there to field offers would probably be best.

I would agree with this, and I would also ask who your RBs are?? If you have 2 decent RBs Ivory is a hit or miss type of gamble that i would be rushing to take if it isnt necessary. If you are looking OK at RB i would much rather try and get someone more along the lines of a Harvin or D.Thomas rather than Decker and Ivory

Along the lines of what you already said, I agree here. If you could get a top WR instead of a combo of two gamble players. What does your roster look like? If you could trade up in the draft that wouldn't be the worst thing for you to have two picks in the first round to help you rebuild your roster with youth. Tavon Austin could be a WR you could start this year and with the release of McGahee, it looks like Ball will be the starter in Denver.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby Mr.Joshua » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:20 pm

Also, dont be afraid to sit tight into the season, injuries will happen....
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 231)

Postby Cult of Dionysus » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:56 am

My roster is in poor shape... I took over the team last season after the previous manager abandoned his team. Currently my roster is as follows:

QBs
RGIII
Keapernick

RBs
CJ Spiller (my first trade acquisition!)
Donald Brown
Michale Bush
Darrel Richardson
Bilal Powell
Andre Brown

WRs
Mike Williams
Greg Little
Leonard Hankerson
Dexter McCluster
Davone Bess

TEs
Scott Chanlder
Coby Fleener

2013 picks: 1.02, 2.04, 4.02

Since this is a PPR league (0.5pt), I am desperate for WR upgrades. If I can pick Tavon Austin with my 1.02, I will. But I need additional firepower at WR, since the drop-off from Mike Williams (a WR2) is significant.

I am relatively happy with my RB squad, as I think one of Richardson, Powell or Brown will be a solid starter in 2013.
Cult of Dionysus
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby duffoholic » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:21 am

Yikes... You definitely need help. I'm sorry, but I don't see a second RB in that squad. Richardson is your best bet in my opinion and there is still a solid chance he loses the gig to Pead or Stacy. Brown is in the same boat and the Jets didn't bring in Ivory because they thought they had a starter in Powell. Man, this pervious owner really buggered things up for ya! I'd be looking to get draft picks big time if you can. Spiller is young as are your QB's, that is something to build on. Maybe trading Bush as a handcuff to the Forte owner is a place to start. After seeing your roster I'm hesitant to advise you to trade away a QB as I don't see it making a huge impact this season unless you can get a big deal that would fill a hole for you at WR while gaining you some ground in the draft.

I really like Spiller. Little could emerge this year as a decent starter (probably WR2 again though). Man, even your TE's need big help. They are ranked in the low 30's at their position this year on the one site I looked at.

You have definitely got a challenge ahead of you. I say build from the draft and hopefully you can be competitive in a couple years with a little luck and a few home run picks (like Austin, hopefully!). I'd hang on to both QB's though until the right offer comes along.

Good luck!
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions