Postby mycuccismells » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:14 pm

Picked 8th in a 10 man PPR

QB - Rodgers and Ben
RB - Spiller, Steven Jackson, Andre Brown, Shane Vareen, Zach Stacy
WR - Jordy Nelson, Reggie Wayne, Decker, Maclin, Emmanual Sanders
TE - Gronk
DEF - Green Bay
K - Gould

I feel like this draft people went overboard with not picking QBs and somehow Gronk slipped REALLY low, below is the order i got them in
1. Spiller
2. Jackson
3. Gronk
4. Rodgers
5. Jordy
6. Wayne
7. Brown
8. Decker
9. Vareen
10. Stacy
11. Maclin
12. Sanders
13. Ben
14. GB
15. Gould
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Mock Draft 10 man PPR WHIR

Postby Mizou » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:43 am

I don't see how that would ever end up happening in a real draft, but you definitely took advantage. When I first looked over your team, I thought you went Rodgers in the 1st, maybe 2nd.

I love your top two RBs- both should have great years this year, especially St. Jax in a PPR.

Not too thrilled with your wideouts. Nelson has been called a health risk, and he had a downturn last season. Wayne tapered off towards the end of the year with the emergence of TY Hilton, and Maclin just never seems to have the season people expect (I've had him two years running).

I think Gronk in the 3rd is still a little high. In a mock I did, standard mind you, he slipped until the 5th round. If you're taking him, you definitely need another good TE1 as insurance for him missing some early-season time.

Take a look at mine? viewtopic.php?t=534081
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:57 pm

I agree that my wideouts are a little weak, but by not taking any until 5.08 I didnt expect them to be very strong. I dont have a WR1 but i think with Nelson, Wayne and Decker i definitely have 3 solid WR2s. Nelson took a step back this year but he also only played 11 games and was a little beat up for some of the other games; even with all of that he would have had around 1100 yards if he played in all 16.

I would agree Maclin is a let down every year, but the past few years the expectations were probably a bit too high. Im not high on him but as an 11th round pick I think i would be happy to have him as my WR4.

I cant see how Gronk will drop to the 5th round in any draft this year, to me thats absolutely nuts. Last year he was a borderline round 1/2 and before his injury he was on pace for around 1200 yards and 15 TDs. Yeah there is injury concern there but with that team losing all of their receivers IF he can manage to stay healthy i think he pushes that amazing season from 2 years ago. Bit of a risk/reward but I felt like that core duo of WRs and Rodgers was enough to give me around 60 points a week so i could afford the risk of a Gronk.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby duffoholic » Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:30 pm

mycuccismells wrote:I cant see how Gronk will drop to the 5th round in any draft this year, to me thats absolutely nuts. Last year he was a borderline round 1/2 and before his injury he was on pace for around 1200 yards and 15 TDs. Yeah there is injury concern there but with that team losing all of their receivers IF he can manage to stay healthy i think he pushes that amazing season from 2 years ago. Bit of a risk/reward but I felt like that core duo of WRs and Rodgers was enough to give me around 60 points a week so i could afford the risk of a Gronk.

Gronk is a HUGE injury concern. The guy is a tank but he's had 5 surgeries in the last year and this one on his back is an injury that has been nagging since college for him adding even more red flags. I think there will always be owners who reach for this guy because of his TD production (I might be one of them) but I think we are the ones who are absolutely nuts. He could easily miss half the season if anything goes wrong, and with him things seem to keep going wrong, hence the three operations on his arm.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby mycuccismells » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:24 am

As injury prone as he is, last year was the only time he missed a regular season game in his 3 year career. Before he got injured last year there was a 4 game stretch where he had 392 yards and 7 TDs and 24 receptions which would have been an average of 26PPG in a PPR league!!! He was looking to follow that up and had 2 receptions for 42 yards and a TD in the next game but then got injured and never played again. Over the last 2 years (27 games) he has only had 4 games where he has failed to get 50 yards or a TD, that consistency at that position is a huge advantage

Last year he was being looked at as a fringe 1st rounder or early 2nd rounder because of his insane production and consistency. I didnt think he could keep that production up (and didnt want to use that early of a pick on a tight end) so i thought it was nuts last year, but he was on pace to have a very similar year last year before the injury. Sure injury adds a little concern and risk and should drop his stock, but how far do you think it should drop?

I think a 2 round drop in value due to injury concern is very high for a player, and thats essentially what we are saying here. If he was 100% healthy he would most likely be an early 2nd round pick because he gives you that same advantage at his position that a Calvin Johnson does. Sure using a late 3rd round pick on him might come back to bite you but if he does stay healthy you just gained a massive advantage. Sort of a risk/reward type thing, because anyone else you are getting at the end of the 3rd round probably isnt giving you that same advantage week to week
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby duffoholic » Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:58 pm

Hey man, you're preaching to the converted! I drafted him at 3.05 in the cafe mock. I love the guy. He has more TD's over the last three seasons than ANYBODY. That is absurd and unheard of at the TE position. A healthy Gronk is way ahead of Graham in my mind BUT you have to be worried about the surgeries. There are just so damned many of them and breaking his arm twice last year is a little alarming too... I'm hoping I can throw him back this year in my auction league and grab him again for less than the 9$ I have him under contract for now (it is not a mandatory TE league so their value is as a WR).
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Return to Roster Ratings