Montee Ball - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Montee Ball

Moderator: Football Moderators

Montee Ball

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:25 am

Broncos release top rusher Willis McGahee

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) -- Willis McGahee's decision to skip offseason workouts isn't what cost the veteran running back his job with the Denver Broncos.

His absence, however, did allow the organization to see ample promise in rookie Montee Ball and abundant progress from second-year speedster Ronnie Hillman.

That gave them the faith to put the football and their fortunes in the hands of the two young running backs Thursday by releasing McGahee, the 31-year-old bruiser who led them in rushing last season despite missing the final two months with a right knee injury.

The move wasn't unexpected, but the timing of it was a bit of a surprise.

The Broncos could have kept McGahee through training camp as an insurance policy against injury even if he wasn't going to vie for the starting job. Instead, they sent him on his way just before wrapping up their three-day mandatory minicamp where McGahee had gotten just a handful of handoffs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/broncos-release-top-rusher-willis-153030061--nfl.html

Rotoworld
Broncos signed second-round RB Montee Ball to a four-year contract.
Ball, the No. 58 overall pick, scored an NCAA record 83 all-purpose touchdowns at Wisconsin. He has a lot of miles on his tires, but coach John Fox insists that the team isn't concerned about that one bit. Following the release of Willis McGahee on Thursday, Ball is in the driver's seat for lead-back duties. He's a perfect fit for the Broncos' scheme and has RB1 upside. Jun 13 - 4:02 PM

I think Ball is in line for a promising year and career. I went after him in a few dynasty leagues and am very happy with what im reading. I think he can eclipse 1200 yds and score between 10-12 TDS. Everyone always says he has had a lot of carries but so did ADP, Rice and several others in recent years who appear fine. I still see multiple years of nice production.

What are your thoughts?
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Football Talk