Larry Fitzgerald - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Larry Fitzgerald

Moderator: Football Moderators

Larry Fitzgerald

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:47 am

Fitzgerald learning to play 3 spots in new offense

TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) -- In his record-breaking decade in the NFL, Larry Fitzgerald has grown comfortable in one position.

Now new Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians has Fitzgerald on the move, learning to play all three wide receiver spots.

Fitzgerald says after having some success it's hard to shake his familiar role, but he's working to do just what Arians wants.

''I think as a human being you're a bit of a creature of habit,'' Fitzgerald said. ''I've played the same position since I was in junior high school. I've never had to really move around and you know I've gotten good at it. So I think we all resist change to a certain degree, especially if you've had a little bit of success. But as I've gone through the offseason workouts, I've definitely become more receptive of it.''

Arians said it's a simple concept. Moving his star receiver around will make it much harder for defenses to zero in on him with double coverage.

''If you want a hundred balls, move around,'' Arians said. ''If they know where you're at, it's easy to take you out of the game.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/fitzgerald ... --nfl.html

I think the QB's killed Fitz last year. This year Carson should be much more effective at getting him the ball. I can see a rebound year where he puts up numbers in the range of 2010-2011. They should be better at every single position in the offense this year which will give him many more opportunities to produce.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Larry Fitzgerald

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:29 pm

I'm expecting a good rebound year as well, but when I'm sitting their at the 2/3 turn I really don' t know what WR to grab. I'm always left with Fitz, White, and Harvin. I really like Harvin this year, especially in a PPR. Fitz just scares me because their is no body on the other side of him, but Palmer is a veteran QB who will get his best WR the ball.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby preeti222 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:11 am

He is only 30 and prob has 4-5 years left and now has a solid QB in place.Fitz is a stud and now has a QB that can get him the ball!
preeti222
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 14)

Postby stomperrob » Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:20 am

Palmer gives the Cards a better QB than they've had in a few years, but he is a little past his prime - Fitz has a great work ethic and will really click with Palmer in training camp, should put up solid numbers.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby moochman » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:09 pm

if the Cards don't show lots of improvement on the O-line Palmer may not be round long enough to be a factor. Will have a pretty hard time pulling the trigger on Fitz again this season. Absolute crime that this dude hasn't had even solid QB play. Should Palmer provide that he could be well worth the gamble.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:43 pm

Got him at 33 in a mock I just did. I don't know whether I'd have the stones to make the pick when it's for real. It would be hard to blame anyone who considers Larry dead to them at this point, but it's very hard to imagine he's simply done at age 30.

I would have grabbed David Wilson at #33 if he had fallen, and maybe even Cam Newton, but they were both taken and I didn't see value at QB at that spot and Montee Ball was the best runner left. Cobb was the other WR I was considering so I was happy to still get both when he fell to me at #40.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Guru13 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:12 pm

moochman wrote:if the Cards don't show lots of improvement on the O-line Palmer may not be round long enough to be a factor. Will have a pretty hard time pulling the trigger on Fitz again this season. Absolute crime that this dude hasn't had even solid QB play. Should Palmer provide that he could be well worth the gamble.

I'm also concerned about the state of their offensive line but I think it's fair to assume that it can't really be worse than last year and on the rare occasion the line does block for Palmer, he's bound to be more effective than Ryan Lindley.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:50 am

The O-line does get Levi brown back after missing all of last season, hopefully 7th overall pick Jonathan Cooper can start - surely they show some improvement this year.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Sex Panther » Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:42 am

IMO Larry is firmly entrenched in the 2nd tier (or 3rd if you consider Megatron a tier of his own) of WR w/ Harvin, Cobb, VJax, White, and Cruz...

IMO:

Megatron

Dez
Green
Marshall
Julio
DT

Cobb
Fitz
White
Harvin
Andre
VJax
Cruz

Again, IMO, that's the preseason group of WR1's (top 13 WR, so the highest end WR2 included)
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby ravendan » Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:18 pm

So the starting O-Line for Arizona this year will be...

levi Brown/Jonathan cooper/Lyle Sendlein/Earl Watford/Bobby massie

While there are huge question marks at both tackle positions, the vastly improved guard play should really be able to help those guys hold up on the outsides. Palmer will look for Fitz early and often because he is the best receiver he has ever played with by a large amount. Also Andre Roberts is actually a very strong player on the other side who actually played very well despite extremely poor QB play last year. Another Cardinal I would put on my radar for a strong year is TE Rob housler.
ravendan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)

Next

Return to Football Talk