WR keeper question...WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

WR keeper question...WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR keeper question...WHIR

Postby Tim Riggins » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:18 am

We can keep up to two players in our 10-team, .7 PPR league. (We don't have to keep anyone, and the second keeper is more expensive in terms of transaction fees.) We can only keep players for two years after drafting them.

My only two real candidates are WRs...A.J. Green and Demaryius Thomas. I'd be keeping both for the first time. Green would cost a second-round pick (would be No. 15) and Thomas would cost a fifth. I'm pretty much set on keeping Thomas - that's too much value to pass up. Is it worth it to keep Green, too, or do I have a good enough chance to get him back at 15?
Tim Riggins
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR keeper question...WHIR

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:19 pm

Tim Riggins wrote:We can keep up to two players in our 10-team, .7 PPR league. (We don't have to keep anyone, and the second keeper is more expensive in terms of transaction fees.) We can only keep players for two years after drafting them.

My only two real candidates are WRs...A.J. Green and Demaryius Thomas. I'd be keeping both for the first time. Green would cost a second-round pick (would be No. 15) and Thomas would cost a fifth. I'm pretty much set on keeping Thomas - that's too much value to pass up. Is it worth it to keep Green, too, or do I have a good enough chance to get him back at 15?

Like you said, I'd definitely keep Thomas because he's only costing you a 5th rounder. I'd also keep Green for the #15 pick. His overall ADP in redraft leagues is 12th on FBG and 11th on FantasyPros, so I doubt that you'll be able to get him back at pick #15 in a keeper league. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby jfarrell24 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:11 pm

Obviously you are keeping Thomas. I would keep AJ Green too. That is right around his current ADP, but you also have to factor in that up to 20 players will already be gone so that gives Green a little more value and enough to make him your second keeper. Good luck!
jfarrell24
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 34)

Postby mzkp54 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:56 pm

I would also keep both
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Postby duffoholic » Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:39 am

jfarrell24 wrote:Obviously you are keeping Thomas. I would keep AJ Green too. That is right around his current ADP, but you also have to factor in that up to 20 players will already be gone so that gives Green a little more value and enough to make him your second keeper. Good luck!

Yup, this point seals the fact that there is no way you are getting him again at 15. I'm guessing that lots of the top picks from this season are being kept with much lower draft picks such as Morris, Martin and TRich so all those owners will have early picks left to take their first WR's and a guy like Green won't make it very far. This way at least you have a solid core of WR talent and can focus on your other positions with your first 4 picks. Getting solid RB's could be tough slugging for you though...
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions