McCoy trade offer - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

McCoy trade offer

Moderator: Football Moderators

McCoy trade offer

Postby Perfectibilist » Sat Jun 15, 2013 8:53 pm

So I got this trade offered to me in a dynasty league. 12 teams, start 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 2 RB/WR/TE flex. All TDs are 6pts, no PPR. I was forth last season, his team was 10th but he's a new owner.

I give:
McCoy

I get:
Gio Bernard
2014 1st rounder (I expect it to be top-5)

The past few seasons I would not have even asked. This would have been an instant denial without a counter or message. However, I'm undecided how I feel about this right now. I'll post our applicable rosters below, the "etc"s are lower level fodder guys like DRich, Doss, etc. Thanks.

Me:
ADP, McCoy, Jacquizz, Vereen, etc.
Harvin, Decker, Austinx2 (Miles & Tavon), Tate, Hartline, Terrance Williams, Bailey, Patton, etc.
Witten, Hernandez, Cameron, etc.

Him:
Rice, Bernard, Randle, Mathews, Woodhead, FJax, etc.
Colston, JJones, Boldin, Gibson, Manningham, Wheaton, etc.
Gonzo, FDavis, Stocker, McDonald, Sims

Is this something that deserves serious consideration? Or am I just overreacting to McCoy's poor season and concussions? Thanks for the help.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: McCoy trade offer

Postby mzkp54 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 1:55 pm

I wouldn't make that trade. McCoy is a proven stud. I woudn't overreact to a down year, and Bernard could easily be locked in a RBBC. I would need something added to that trade to send McCoy his way
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Postby jfarrell24 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:16 pm

I wouldn't do this. McCoy is a top-10 back and Bernard will be splitting carries. Who knows what 2014 will hold but I doubt it will be anything close to McCoy. Hang in there, McCoy won't disappoint this year.
jfarrell24
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 34)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:58 pm

Perfectibilist wrote:So I got this trade offered to me in a dynasty league. 12 teams, start 2RBs, 3WRs, 1TE, 2 RB/WR/TE flex. All TDs are 6pts, no PPR. I was forth last season, his team was 10th but he's a new owner.

I give:
McCoy

I get:
Gio Bernard
2014 1st rounder (I expect it to be top-5)

The past few seasons I would not have even asked. This would have been an instant denial without a counter or message. However, I'm undecided how I feel about this right now. I'll post our applicable rosters below, the "etc"s are lower level fodder guys like DRich, Doss, etc. Thanks.

Me:
ADP, McCoy, Jacquizz, Vereen, etc.
Harvin, Decker, Austinx2 (Miles & Tavon), Tate, Hartline, Terrance Williams, Bailey, Patton, etc.
Witten, Hernandez, Cameron, etc.

Him:
Rice, Bernard, Randle, Mathews, Woodhead, FJax, etc.
Colston, JJones, Boldin, Gibson, Manningham, Wheaton, etc.
Gonzo, FDavis, Stocker, McDonald, Sims

Is this something that deserves serious consideration? Or am I just overreacting to McCoy's poor season and concussions? Thanks for the help.

For the reasons already given, I'll make it 3 votes for not doing this trade. I'll add that trading away McCoy leaves you with only 1 starting RB (ADP), so I'd want a proven starting RB in return. With that said, I'd probably hold on to McCoy. He's still a top RB when healthy, and he played great last year before he got hurt. His TD's were down last year, but I think he could bounce back well in Coach Kelly's new offense. Good luck!

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Guru13 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:31 pm

I think you have to determine a few things for yourself before really approaching the trade. First do you think you're in position to make a run at a championship (seems plausible with that roster), and second how do you evaluate Bernard. If you answer no to the first question and think Bernard's gonna be a quality player then see if he'll throw in a third and maybe give it a shot. But if you feel you can win a championship this year than it's obviously not worth the trade.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Perfectibilist » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:25 pm

Guru13 wrote:I think you have to determine a few things for yourself before really approaching the trade. First do you think you're in position to make a run at a championship (seems plausible with that roster), and second how do you evaluate Bernard. If you answer no to the first question and think Bernard's gonna be a quality player then see if he'll throw in a third and maybe give it a shot. But if you feel you can win a championship this year than it's obviously not worth the trade.

I appreciate all of the replies, but this one really sealed the deal for me. I think I can definitely make a serious run for the championship, and I think that Bernard is being overdrafted so thank you for making this a solid "no".
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby LSUby50 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:37 am

Dont do it.
I say play to win THIS year every year. You never know what will happen and i would never just throw in the towel before a season starts in hopes of the following year. If your studs get hurt midseason and your team tanks, then you can start to dump players for next season.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions