IDP Dynasty: Freeman, McCarthy, Zach Brown... WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

IDP Dynasty: Freeman, McCarthy, Zach Brown... WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

IDP Dynasty: Freeman, McCarthy, Zach Brown... WHIR

Postby goldallinmypayne » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:48 am

IDP Dynasty League, I need to pick up my LB3 and LB4 with my next 2 picks. Who should I take?

Jerrell Freeman
Zach Brown
Mychal Kendricks
Nick Roach
Colin McCarthy
Mason Foster
D.J. Williams
Alec Ogletree

Thanks!
goldallinmypayne
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: IDP Dynasty: Freeman, McCarthy, Zach Brown... WHIR

Postby Jason497 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:00 am

Jerrell "Baby Ray" Freeman and Nick Roach.

I usually always favor MLBs over OLBs unless those OLBs are elite...and no one on that list is elite.

Freeman was a total beast last year and Roach is going to have a big role in the middle of the Oakland defense, one that stands to be on the field quite a bit. Dennis Allen called him the "Quarterback of the defense" and there's some job security after signing a 4 year deal in free agency. Job security matters in dynasty leagues.

I was so high on Colin Mccarthy last year but he fell off majorly and is fighting for his job in camp right now, so that's sketchy. Zach Brown had good points last year but that involved 2 flukey TDs instead of tackles and sacks. There was talk of moving Mason Foster to the outside in TB, I don't like that. Ogletree will play second fiddle to Laurinatis (sp?), not sure on Kendricks or DJ Williams long term.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Jun 17, 2013 6:35 pm

goldallinmypayne wrote:IDP Dynasty League, I need to pick up my LB3 and LB4 with my next 2 picks. Who should I take?

Jerrell Freeman
Zach Brown
Mychal Kendricks
Nick Roach
Colin McCarthy
Mason Foster
D.J. Williams
Alec Ogletree

Thanks!

Out of those listed, I'd definitely pick J.Freeman. Then my next choice would be between McCarthy/Roach. I know that he's fighting for a starting job, but I think McCarthy's LB1/LB2 upside is worth the risk for my LB4. Roach could end up having a great year since it looks like he'll be the starting MLB in Oakland, but he's still never been more than a low LB3. If McCarthy doesn't pan out, hopefully you'll be able to get a LB4 off the WW. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Jason497 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:10 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
goldallinmypayne wrote:IDP Dynasty League, I need to pick up my LB3 and LB4 with my next 2 picks. Who should I take?

Jerrell Freeman
Zach Brown
Mychal Kendricks
Nick Roach
Colin McCarthy
Mason Foster
D.J. Williams
Alec Ogletree

Thanks!

Out of those listed, I'd definitely pick J.Freeman. Then my next choice would be between McCarthy/Roach. I know that he's fighting for a starting job, but I think McCarthy's LB1/LB2 upside is worth the risk for my LB4. Roach could end up having a great year since it looks like he'll be the starting MLB in Oakland, but he's still never been more than a low LB3. If McCarthy doesn't pan out, hopefully you'll be able to get a LB4 off the WW. Good luck! ;-D

Good point there.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions