AJ Green vs Dez vs SJax - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

AJ Green vs Dez vs SJax

Moderator: Football Moderators

AJ Green vs Dez vs SJax

Postby Mobenhaus12 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:59 pm

I'm in a keeper league, where I'm drafting 9th, will be keeping Adrian Peterson there. So since I have my RB1 in place, and i pick again at 12th. I'm figuring AJ, Dez, and SJax will be available. This is a TD heavy league, so which one of the 3 would you choose? I am already also keeping Ridley for a 4th round pick, so I have my flex in place as well. Should I go WR1 with the 12th pick going either AJ or Dez, or draft SJaX and have a solid RB core. If I go SJax at #12, that's leaving me to pickup my 1st WR in the 3rd round, which would make my WR1 somewhere around Fitz/Andre/Roddy range. BMarshall is already being kept, and I'm having trouble deciding between AJ and Dez. AJ had a long stretch of no TDs toward end of year, where Dez ripped it up for half the year. No one knows what his ceiling could be. What would you do? Any comments greatly appreciated.
Mobenhaus12
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: AJ Green vs Dez vs SJax

Postby Mizou » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:26 am

The general thought process is that a stud RB will usually be more consistent than a stud WR, which is why they're drafted higher and have higher value.

Using that thought process, I'd really like taking St. Jax in that position. He should be an absolute monster in Atlanta this year, and will be much more efficient at the goalline than Turner was last year, meaning a good amount of TDs.

I also have no problem taking a guy like Roddy White as my first WR.

Hope that helps!
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:54 am

I would take Steven Jackson as well. I see him scoring double-digit touchdowns in Atlanta's offense. If he was off the board I would lean towards Dez over AJ Green. I think Dez will play like he did during the 2nd half of last season this year. If AJ Green had a better quarterback, I would feel more comfortable with him.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby taw856 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:25 am

I'll throw in a vote for A.J. My hunch is that the conventional wisdom this year that QB is deep and RB is shallow is going to allow for some non-RB steals as non-RBs fall. Green is poised to nearly keep pace with Megatron as he enters his prime and Dalton has a year more experience, IMHO.

Best of luck!

Mine: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=534083
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
A. Rodgers outscores D. Brees in ESPN standard scoring by 40+.
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
M. Lynch=not a Top 10 RB.
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 183)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions