Keeper Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Keeper Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper Question

Postby arrow1994 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 11:06 am

I'm in an 8 team league (which was 6 last year, allowing us to build a completely stacked team), with standard scoring, (no ppr)

We get 1 keeper for this next year. These are the players that I have that would be good keepers. Please help me choose which 1 to keep.

Rob Gronkowski (I'm least likely to keep him)
Trent Richardson
Aaron Rodgers
Jamaal Charles
Brandon Marshall
A.J Green

The people I play with like their qbs, so I debated keeping Rodgers, but I'm pretty sure I'll keep an elite RB, because then I'll be able to pick up some more elite RBs, and WRs, while still picking up a decent QB in the 5th round or so.

Any opinions would be helpful though.
arrow1994
Monday Morning Quarterback

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper Question

Postby duffoholic » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:28 pm

In an 8 team league I agree with your decision to throw back Rodgers. You'll be able to get a really solid QB in the 8-10th rounds since it is doubtful that anybody would take a second QB before the 12th round. From that group I would take Charles or TRich. There is a chance you could get any of the other players in that list with your first pick regardless of your draft position, but those two will definitely leave the board early. Personally, I'd rather have Charles over Rich due to the increased role and Rich's hard running style being more likely to lead to injuries again.

My two cents.

As a side note... Add 4 more teams to this league ASAP!
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby jfarrell24 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:57 pm

I think the answer here is Charles and I don't think it's that close for anyone else.
Def don't keep Rodgers, in an 8 man league the 8th best QB will still be very good. WR is deep so u can still draft good WRs. Take Charles as ur keeper and sleep like a baby knowing u made the right choice.
jfarrell24
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 34)

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:06 pm

Welcome to the Cafe ;-D
I think this is between Trent Richardson and Jamaal Charles. I would lean towards Trent Richardson. I think he will improve on his rookie season and I like that Norv Turner as the offensive coordinator for the Browns. If you can, I would wait to see how Richardson does in camp.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:01 am

arrow1994 wrote:I'm in an 8 team league (which was 6 last year, allowing us to build a completely stacked team), with standard scoring, (no ppr)

We get 1 keeper for this next year. These are the players that I have that would be good keepers. Please help me choose which 1 to keep.

Rob Gronkowski (I'm least likely to keep him)
Trent Richardson
Aaron Rodgers
Jamaal Charles
Brandon Marshall
A.J Green

The people I play with like their qbs, so I debated keeping Rodgers, but I'm pretty sure I'll keep an elite RB, because then I'll be able to pick up some more elite RBs, and WRs, while still picking up a decent QB in the 5th round or so.

Any opinions would be helpful though.

Welcome to the Cafe! This place has a lot of great info, so hopefully you'll stick around. ;-D

11stever11 wrote:Welcome to the Cafe ;-D
I think this is between Trent Richardson and Jamaal Charles. I would lean towards Trent Richardson. I think he will improve on his rookie season and I like that Norv Turner as the offensive coordinator for the Browns. If you can, I would wait to see how Richardson does in camp.

I agree that for me it would be between Charles & TRich. I really can't argue either way, and I think Charles could have a monster year, but I like TRich a little more in dynasty/keeper leagues. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby hawker6959 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:30 am

I agree with Charles.
hawker6959
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mzkp54 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:18 am

Agree that one of Charles/TRich is the way to go. In an 8 team league, QB's should not be kept, as the gap between the #1 and #8 QB is not that big. Choose whichever you prefer. I like Charles more this year, but TRich more long term.

Look at mine?
viewtopic.php?f=396&t=534895
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Postby mzkp54 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:18 am

mzkp54 wrote:Agree that one of Charles/TRich is the way to go. In an 8 team league, QB's should not be kept, as the gap between the #1 and #8 QB is not that big. Choose whichever you prefer. I like Charles more this year, but TRich more long term.

Look at mine?
viewtopic.php?f=396&t=534895

Also, welcome to the Cafe!!
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions