Dynasty Roster Thoughts (WHIR) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Dynasty Roster Thoughts (WHIR)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty Roster Thoughts (WHIR)

Postby 11stever11 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 12:03 pm

12 Teams, 1 PPR, 4 points per passing TD, Dynasty League,
start: 1QB, 1RB, 2WR, 2WR/RB flex, 1TE, 1D/ST, 1K

Hi all,
What are your thoughts on this team, short term and long term?
Thank you for your help in advance.

QB-Drew Brees, Alex Smith
RB-Ray Rice, Darren Sproles, Bernard Pierce, Ahmad Bradshaw, Mike Goodson, Ray Graham, Marcell Reece
WR-Percy Harvin, Victor Cruz, Pierre Garcon, Kenny Britt, Danario Alexander, Cecil Shorts, Rueben Randle, Sidney Rice, Santonio Holmes, Jeremy Kerley, Golden Tate, Tavarres King
TE-Martellus Bennet, Owen Daniels
K-Matt Prater
D/ST-Arizona, San Diego
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty Roster Thoughts (WHIR)

Postby Mizou » Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:08 am

I'm not the best at dynasty, but my thoughts:

Short-term, I'm liking it a lot, especially having Rice and Sproles with the PPR format. Can definitely put up a lot of points with them, and Brees slinging the rock. I'm not too informed on the long-term plans of guys like Graham, or Reece, so I can't give an opinion on the long-term outlook for your RBs.

Wideouts, I'm very high on, both now, and long-term. Pretty much all your main wideouts are under 28, which gives them plenty of longevity in the league. I especially like the pick of Shorts, a guy I think is going to blow up, and Rice, who I think is a sneaky upside pick.

Your TE's aren't elite, but having so many great players elsewhere, that's to be expected. They'll get the job done, and are young enough to hold onto for a number of years.

If you could help out with mine? viewtopic.php?t=534082
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby Zbetty » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:33 pm

It's a solid team for both short and long term, but i think depth at RB is your biggest issue. You have two solid starters and I like the grab of Peirce to both handcuff and eventually take over for Rice, but I don't see much after that.
10 Team PPR predraft
QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- CJ Spiller, Marshawn Lynch
WR- Jordy Nelson, Michael Crabtree
TE- Jimmy Graham
LB- James Laurinaitis
DL- Corey Liuget
DB- Harrison Smith
Zbetty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby ajm5551 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:10 am

Not a terrible team but think about the possiblility of trading Alex smith and getting a stronger wide reciever team! But not too bad of a team! best of luck
ajm5551
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Prestige Worldwide » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:21 pm

I like the team in a 12 team. Think its solid throughout to compete now. Not too familiar with alot of the deeper players.
Prestige Worldwide
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 16)

Postby VIKINGFAN » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:42 am

I like this squad,

-getting Rice and Sproles in a PPR Solid
-great options @ the WR position in a Dynasty league.
-I like the idea of moving Smith for help @ TE or WR, when he gets rolling in KC, at first chance you get. You should be fine with Brees all year until Bye Week.
-I like the upside of TE-Bennett with Cutler slinging him the ball inside the 10. But I would try and get another TE here,

Good luck,
VIKINGFAN
Head Coach
Head Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 29)

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:56 pm

I think you're set at QB, and I don't think I'd try moving Smith, unless you're getting another young QB in return. RB is, as pointed out, your weak spot, I see a lot of injury questions there, but only on your bench (namely Bradshaw and Goodson). And Harvin's recent revealing of his need for surgery is not good news for you. Hopefully he gets back to full speed quickly. Although, I like your depth there - Cruz, Garcon, Britt, Alexander, Shorts - that's a nice bullpen to be choosing from. TE could use work in the future, but those 2 can get you through this year. Unless you can pull off a good trade for a top notch guy, but I don't think that would be worth it in the long haul.

Overall, I'd say you're sitting in a good seat both heading into this season, and looking into the future.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=534679
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby taw856 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:07 pm

Short term, I think your TEs and DSTs are mediocre. Not sold on Bennett. Daniels and San Diego will be passable but not great.

Long term, if those are your only issues, I think that bodes really well for your team.

Clearly Brees is solid at QB. You'll need a better RB2 at some point, as Sproles isn't that young a back, but the way he's used he should hold up for another couple years and as others have noted his value gets a clear bump in a PPR. The Pierce handcuff for Rice will serve you really well since you'll get RB1 production one way or another out of that. And you have so many WRs that you're bound to find value in that group (I like Cruz as a WR1, Harvin as a WR2 if he's healthy, and Garcon, Shorts and Alexander as WR3s, giving you plenty of depth there).

I am no dynasty expert so as far as what moves to make long term I'll avoid speaking above my pay grade, but I will say that my instinct is that as Brees gets older, I'd consider trying to flip him for a Russell Wilson type that will be around longer in a 2 for 1 deal where you could also address another position. It'd be an obvious short term downgrade at QB but you could still have a playable starter there and add TE help or another RB through a move like that.

Hope that helps!

Mine: viewtopic.php?t=534688
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
A. Rodgers outscores D. Brees in ESPN standard scoring by 40+.
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
M. Lynch=not a Top 10 RB.
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 183)

Return to Roster Ratings