Tom Brady and 3 Keepers Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Tom Brady and 3 Keepers Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tom Brady and 3 Keepers Question

Postby nickels2012 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:59 pm

I own Adrian Peterson Jamaal Charles Tom Brady Jimmy Graham and Alfred Morris

We can keep 3 players.

Rounds 1 and 2 are reserved for keepers. Your third keeper is based on where you drafted him and he moves up a sliding scale each year.

Last year I kept Tom Brady Adrian Peterson and Jimmy Graham. It cost me my 1 and 2 and 9th rounder for Graham.

This year Jimmy graham would cost me my 7th round pick Alfred Morris my 9th so long as I keep 2 of AP Brady Charles. If I keep BOTH Graham and Alf, Graham would cost me a 2...

I think given the Patriots offseason (losing Welker to Free agency, Gronkowski to surgery, Hernandez to likely jail) plus his age.. I think it is time for me to bail on Tom Brady as my starting QB.

Other Qbs already kept Aaron Rodgers Drew Brees Andrew Luck RG3 Cam Newton Peyton Manning Matthew Stafford

QBs like Matt Ryan Andy Dalton Eli Big Ben Rivers Russell Wilson (on my team)(my target would be Ryan)likely available

I am keeping Peterson (1st)

I was planning on keeping Brady for sure and one of Graham Morris Charles..

HOWEVER.. I can keep Charles for a (2nd) and either Alfred Morris for a 9th or Jimmy Graham for a 7th rd pick.

Or I can keep AP (1) Graham (2) and Alf (9) and try and trade both Charles and Brady.

So who do I trade away who do I keep??

I was planning on going AP Brady (1 and 2) plus Alf (9)

But now I am questioning keeping Brady and just trying to keep all 3 RBs and find a QB like Matt Ryan or Andy Dalton to get me by. I could kee AP Charles and Alf or AP Charles and Graham or AP Alf and Graham.

Or I can keep Ap (1) Graham (2) and Alf (9) and try and trade Tom Brady and/or Charles for value.

Please help!!!
10 Team H2H 3 Keeper Half PPR
QB Brady
RB Peterson
RB Charles
WR Demaryious Thomas
WR Jordy Nelson
TE Graham
FLEX Lacy
D/ST Bengals
K Vinatieri

QB Eli Manning Matt Ryan
RB Ellington
WR Torrey Smith Hilton Allen
TE Cameron
IR Vereen
nickels2012
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Tom Brady and 3 Keepers Question

Postby nickels2012 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:01 am

Basically..

Peterson is a no brainer 1st

Alf is a no brainer for a 9th

Pick ONE .. Brady Charles or Jimmy Graham for a 2nd..
QB Brady
RB Peterson
RB Charles
WR Demaryious Thomas
WR Jordy Nelson
TE Graham
FLEX Lacy
D/ST Bengals
K Vinatieri

QB Eli Manning Matt Ryan
RB Ellington
TE Cameron
IR Vereen
nickels2012
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Mizou » Fri Jun 21, 2013 2:23 am

I would do the situation you mentioned, and keep AP, Graham, and Alf.

Two stud RBs, and the top TE, in what has become a thinner TE class.
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby duffoholic » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Personally, I'm a hug fan of having 3 top ten RB's. You can never have too much RB talent in my mind but I understand the idea of keeping Graham; Graham will be a stud at the position and most likely will remain in a class by himself unless Gronk manages to play at least 14 games this year. This is a pretty tough call mostly because you are losing the first and second round picks no matter what. If you could keep a 7th round Graham and a 9th round Morris it would be a no brainer!

Do you have the option of starting 3 RB's, like with a FLEX position or is two the maximum? My vote, and it might be the wrong one, is to keep all three backs if you can start a 3rd in a flex and keep Graham, Morris and AP otherwise. You are losing that second round pick no matter what, you might as well keep Morris at 9 and, if he remains a stud, you can keep him again next year at 7 too! Throwing back Charles actually makes me kinda sick though...
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby nickels2012 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:28 pm

Yes 2 RB and a flex RB/WR/TE

I am going to ask the rules we used to be able to keep ALL based on where you drafted last year we made it first 2 picks are 2 keepers and a 3rd

If the rules are back AP 1 Graham 7 Alf 9 if not keep all 3 RBS? AP Charles and Alf for a 9?

This would mean throwing back Jimmy Graham and Tom Brady.

You would NOT keep Brady ANYMORE??
QB Brady
RB Peterson
RB Charles
WR Demaryious Thomas
WR Jordy Nelson
TE Graham
FLEX Lacy
D/ST Bengals
K Vinatieri

QB Eli Manning Matt Ryan
RB Ellington
TE Cameron
IR Vereen
nickels2012
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby duffoholic » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:56 pm

If ever there was a time to throw Brady back into the mix, it is now. With Gronk hurting, Hernandez potentially facing jail time (police are at his home as I type this) and a serious lack of depth at WR right now, Brady could be close to average this season. His numbers last year when Gronk was off the field were pretty pedestrian. Beyond that, QB is so deep this year. You should be able to easily pick up one of those guys you mentioned. I'd target Wilson, Ryan or Dalton myself as I see them having value and upside in your keeper format.

If you can keep Guys based on their round, this is a no brainer since Graham as a 7th saves you about 5 rounds of value and Morris as a 9th saves 8 rounds since he is undoubtedly a first round pick this year. A lineup built around the #1RB, #1TE and another top 10 RB would be a pretty outstanding foundation.

After giving it some thought, if you can't keep both based on position I'd keep Graham and Charles and throw back Morris but I don't think you can go wrong with any combination of Morris/Charles/Graham as your two to go along with AP.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby Jason497 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:30 pm

There's also the option no one is mentioning

Keep Graham for a 7th, and then make AP/Charles your first 2 picks.

If this is a PPR league, this might be the direction I go because Graham's value goes way up and Almo doesn't catch passes.

In a standard league...it gets much tougher and I might keep the RB depth for my flex spot.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions