Keep 2 players - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Keep 2 players

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keep 2 players

Postby mcmill3 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:12 am

I am pondering the decision of which two players to keep for this season. 10 Team league.

We lose two rounds from where the player was drafted the previous year e.g. I drafted Lynch in the 4th round last year so if I keep him, he will be my 2nd round pick. This format obviously prevents you from keeping any player drafted in rounds 1 or 2. I also have the #1 pick in this years draft.

Here are the possibilities and rounds:

Amendola - 10th round pick
Lynch - 2nd round pick
RGIII - 12th round pick

I think Lynch is a lock for me considering he will be my 2nd round pick at 2.10.

Thoughts on keeping RGIII or Amendola?
mcmill3
Head Coach
Head Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keep 2 players

Postby duffoholic » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:07 pm

Are those really your only options?

I agree that Lynch at 2.10 is a lock. Gotta keep him but I might look at drafting Christine Michael late as a security blanket.

RGIII at 12 is pretty good since odds are good you'll be keeping him next year again at 10 but you'd be drafting another QB in the first 10 rounds most likely since RGIII could be missing some time this season, although you could always wait and just take Cousins late...
Amendola should be a decent pick this year and at the 10th that's pretty solid value. With the NE TE's in trouble this year, he might be the only target Brady has! I guess it is worth a shot.

I guess for me the difference in value leans towards Amendola here as he will probably wind up being a 5-7th round WR this year where RGIII could fall pretty far, possibly around round 10-11 anyway.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby Zbetty » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:14 pm

With both being late picks they are both good value. I think I would keep Danny for the 10th though. QB is deep and I think you could get a safer option. Also if you feel the need to handcuff Lynch do it with Turbin
10 Team PPR predraft
QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- CJ Spiller, Marshawn Lynch
WR- Jordy Nelson, Michael Crabtree
TE- Jimmy Graham
LB- James Laurinaitis
DL- Corey Liuget
DB- Harrison Smith
Zbetty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby mcmill3 » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:42 pm

I'm not sold on taking Foster #1 overall. Martin won't be available because of his high pick last year. Am I crazy to consider Calvin or Jimmy Graham considering Lynch is already on my squad? I like Charles and McCoy as well.
mcmill3
Head Coach
Head Coach

Lucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby duffoholic » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:17 am

You have the 1st overall pick in a 2 keeper league? Is AP not available? I don't think you're completely insane for considering Calvin or Jimmy, either one get's you the best player at the position. Personally I'd rather have Charles or Foster but I place too much value on RB's. If you really want one of those guys instead, I'd take Megatron. He is just so damned consistent and un-coverable! Maybe look to trade down a couple picks though and see if you can get something better with your 4th and 6th rounders, move up a little there maybe.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions