rank these RB's

Moderator: Football Moderators

rank these RB's

Postby umma10 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:34 pm

Dynasty:

McCoy
R. Rice
C.J. Spiller

do you rank anyone above these guys in a dynasty?
umma10
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 44)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: rank these RB's

Postby duffoholic » Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:08 am

I'm not sure I understand the question. I rank lots of guys above those three in a dynasty league... AP, Martin, maybe Trich, Foster and Charles and possibly even Morris... maybe.

As for those three...

Rice is pretty damned reliable but I imagine they start to spell him off a little more and try to keep his carries around 200-250 going forward with similar sort of 60-70 receptions. For me he has another good year or two of solid RB1 before dropping to an RB2 like Forte is looking this season.
Spiller looks poised to hit his stride this season but the injuries are a concern. The guy has crazy upside though and, if he remains healthy and can keep up anything near the YPC he had last year, he should be a top 5 RB for a while.
McCoy is the biggest risk of the three here and to me his ceiling is below that of Spiller but maybe higher than Rice's. This past season's production was okay from a yardage standpoint but just appalling in terms of TD's. Obviously the whole situation in Philly has changed but rarely does tat bode well for instant and dramatic improvement. I expect similar struggles to start the season before a solid finish under a new HC who might realize who the best talent on the field is (McCoy I mean).

With all that, I would rank the three guys: Spiller, Rice, McCoy but the top two are interchangeable depending on how much risk you want to take. Rice is a much safer pick but I think Spiller has the better chance to but in that top tier for the next couple years.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby LSUby50 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:23 am

For my #1 Rb i want reliability and productivity. Rice is the most reliable, Spiller maybe the most productive, but Mccoy is a good blend of both.

So i say:
Mccoy-still has some miles left, and i think will become more of a focus of that offense.
Spiller-only because its a dynasty and he's young. Im afraid he could be another McFadden. Plenty of talent but always hurt.
Rice-if this was a 1 year league, id rank Rice #1, but in a dynasty, i think he only has 1-2 more really good seasons, so i stay away from aging RBs.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)

Postby umma10 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:21 am

I asked because I have McCoy but, was offered Rice for McCoy from one owner and another offered me CJ for McCoy. I also have Fred Jackson so I am on the fence with the CJ trade....I still don't know what to do.
umma10
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 44)

Postby LSUby50 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:53 pm

In that case i would just hold off on anything right now and keep an eye on their situations. Having Fred Jackson on your team makes the Spiller deal easier to swallow. Hold off on Rice since its a keeper league and he might start to lose carries and Goal line work.

My ADP rankings show them 6,7,8 (Spiller, Rice, Mccoy) so it really is a tossup at this point.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)

Postby Indibuck » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:13 pm

I like McCoy over the other two. If it's PPR scoring, the gap between McCoy and Spiller is much narrower.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Jason497 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:45 pm

I think I actually prefer CJ Spiller there, with Mccoy next and Rice 3rd. Kinda souring on Rice lately, idk why, maybe I'm starting to believe the Bernard Pierce hype. Just seems to me, if the RBs are comparable like this, why risk it?
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions