Moderator: Football Moderators

Rank these 5 WRs please :)

Postby LWCrunner55 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:47 pm

Marques Colston
Jordy Nelson
Reggie Wayne
Mike Wallace
Danny Amendola

Leave your rankings with a little comment about each player. I thought this would be interesting and help me with my rankings at the same time.
QB- M. Ryan, T. Pryor
RB- A. Morris, L. Bell, A. Ellington, C. Ivory, M. James, D. Martin
WR- J. Nelson, A. Brown, J. Boykin, D. Heyward-Bey,
TE- J. Graham, C. Fleener
LWCrunner55
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 174)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rank these 5 WRs please :)

Postby Jason497 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:51 am

Marques Colston
Jordy Nelson
Danny Amendola
Reggie Wayne
Mike Wallace

Pretty much how I have them

Colston is as safe and steady as they come, 1100-1200 and 8-10 TDs is pretty much a certainty barring injury of course.

Jordy Nelson's upside is just too good to not pick next, again only Health is going to stop him from putting up big numbers in that offense.

Amendola, arguably more or just as physically gifted than Welker, I think Brady has no choice but to lock on to him at this point and he will, early and often. Huge numbers in store, hell he'd probably be #1 on this list if not for the durability issues that has plagued him.

Wayne was a target machine last year. I think he has 1 more nice year in him and if Andrew Luck takes a sizeable leap in year 2 it bolds well for Wayne.

Mike Wallace, tough to tell what he'll be able to do with the QB downgrade and going to a new offense. I think he'll still put up very solid numbers, afterall Brian Hartline was a 1000 yard receiver in that offense last year with a rookie Tannehill. Still, you are depending on Tannehill breaking out because 12 TDs won't cut it. Wallace has more upside than Wayne, but a lower floor imo. It's closer in standard, but in PPR Wayne is definitely the call.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 52)

Re: Rank these 5 WRs please :)

Postby LSUby50 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:56 am

All good points by the previous poster, Here's how i'd rank them:

Colston-as solid as they come if he can stay healthy. Having Sean Payton back will help but a healthy Graham could hurt, so id expect similar numbers to last year.

Amendola-appears to be Brady's default #1. Let me repeat... Tom Brady's #1 WR option. Also belichik seems to like him better than Welker. He tried to get him last year. i dont think he'll be any worse than Welker.

Nelson-GBay seemed to be trying to establish a running game all last year, then went out and drafted a RB early. I think you'll see more of that. Also Cobb might be the focus of the passing game. Jordy will probably be the deep threat though, and should still get have some big games.

Wayne-got plenty of targets last year, but not many TDs. With the other younger WRs in Indy, i think his production might start slipping.

Wallace-not sure what to think about him in Miami, but its definitely a downgrade in QBs so thats enough for me to rank him last.

Help with mine?
viewtopic.php?t=534155
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 86)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions