Decisions, Decisions...To keep or not to keep? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Decisions, Decisions...To keep or not to keep?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Decisions, Decisions...To keep or not to keep?

Postby FinzNation1972 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:35 am

Just looking for a little feedback as Fantasy season is approaching.

12 Team League - Standard scoring - 4 Keepers

1 QB - 2 RB - 2 WR - 1 TE - 1 FLEX(rb/te/wr) - DST - K

4pts passing td
6pts rushing/recieving

-Colin Kaepernick
-Matthew Stafford
-Lesean Mccoy
-Chris Johnson
-Steven Ridely
-Percy Harvin
-Reggie Wayne
-Larry Fitzgerald

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

I finished 4th so i will be drafting 9th and since all the teams in front me on the draft board are keeping a QB, running backs are high in demand. Im leaning towards...

-CJ2k
-Shady Mccoy
-Percy Harvin
-ridely/fitz/kaepernick

What do you think?
FinzNation1972
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Decisions, Decisions...To keep or not to keep?

Postby LSUby50 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:52 am

I would keep these 4:
McCoy (no brainer)
CJ2 (i dont love him anymore as my RB1, but he will get plenty of carries, will be up and down, but as a RB2 he's great to have.)
Ridley (im expecting a big year from him if he can limit the fumbles, plenty of upside)
Fitzgerald (finally getting a QB upgrade this year)

(Wayne's getting a little old, and was kinda ignored in the red zone last year, and Harvin going to a new team, you dont know what to expect. You can get a QB as good as those in the draft.)

So all 8 teams ahead of you are keeping QBs? You should be in great shape if so, you'd have your RBs already while they are all fighting over RBs you should be able to scoop up another WR or 2, and wait on a QB, still should be able to get Stafford or CK in a later round i would think.

mine?
viewtopic.php?t=534155
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)

Postby FinzNation1972 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:08 am

Yea all 8 teams are keeping Qb's it looks like, brees/brady/rodgers/newton/griffin/ryan/luck and possibly Big Ben. Leaving the Manning bro's, wilson, stafford, kaepernick all available. I just have a hard time not keepin Colin Kaepernick, with his running ability i feel like he could be a major threat this season. Then again i'll probably have all those Qb's (minus Peyton) available when I'm on the board and WR being the deepest position in fantasy football there are plenty of options.
FinzNation1972
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LSUby50 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:30 pm

Ck will probably be there later, I think u have a good chance of landing Peyton with your first or even 2nd pick. The fact that they all have qbs already and need rbs works in your favor if u keep the 3 rbs and fitz. Your needs will be different than the rest of the league.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)

Postby Jason497 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Yeah, it's non-PPR with a flex. In PPR, I'd probably keep both Fitz and Harvin, but in standard with a flex I could see throwing Harvin back, WR is deep as hell.

I agree with Mccoy, CJ0K, Ridley, and Fitzgerald.

If all 8 teams in front of you have a QB, I doubt any take a backup QB in essentially the 5th round, but definitely don't see 2 doing it, so I feel like Kaep (or less likely, Peyton) probably falls back into your lap in the 1st.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby FinzNation1972 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:04 am

Keeping Fitz over Harvin is a little tough to stomach, Seattle's offense will be much more explosive this season and harvin gets touches all over the field, and it's still no sure thing that Larry will bounce back, who knows how much time Palmer will have to drop back. That's pretty much my only dilemma now.

Appreciate the feedback guys.

THANKS
FinzNation1972
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 11stever11 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:00 am

I would keep Kaepernick, McCoy, Johnson, and Harvin. I think Kaepernick value is higher in a league that has 4 points per passing, because his ability to run. McCoy is a lock. Harvin should explode with the substantial upgrade at quarterback. Before getting hurt last season, he was a top 12 WR. The last spot comes down to Chris Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. I would lean towards Chris Johnson mainly because I think the wide receiver position is deep.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby duffoholic » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:05 pm

11stever11 wrote:I would keep Kaepernick, McCoy, Johnson, and Harvin. I think Kaepernick value is higher in a league that has 4 points per passing, because his ability to run. McCoy is a lock. Harvin should explode with the substantial upgrade at quarterback. Before getting hurt last season, he was a top 12 WR. The last spot comes down to Chris Johnson or Larry Fitzgerald. I would lean towards Chris Johnson mainly because I think the wide receiver position is deep.

This is essentially keeping Kaep for a 4th round pick... That seems absurd to me. I would rather throw him back and take Peyton with my free fourth (if this was allowed). Fitz, Harvin, Ridley and CJ2K should all be drafted in that 3rd-5th round range where as CK is a 8th rounder at best.

I would happily keep McCoy, CJ, Ridley and either Fitz or Harvin (I would tend to Fitz but Harvin isn't a bad pick either if that is where you are comfortable).
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions