Keenan Allen - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Keenan Allen

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keenan Allen

Postby stomperrob » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:09 am

He's joining a pretty solid WR corps so his value in redraft leagues is up in the air at least until we see how things shape up in training camp and pre-season - his value in dynasty leagues is unquestioned however:

Keenan Allen: I want to start
Chargers wide receiver looks to earn impact role as rookie
By Michael Gehlken7:12 p.m.June 24, 2013

Expectations are different for rookie Keenan Allen.

His situation is unlike that of tackle D.J. Fluker, the Chargers' first-round pick, or inside linebacker Manti Te'o, their second-rounder. Both were inserted into the starting lineup immediately upon arriving in San Diego this offseason.

Allen isn't supposed to start Week 1.

That, he said recently, won't keep him from trying.

The wide receiver has a goal once players return to the field July 25 for training camp, and it's a goal that, while unlikely to come to fruition for reasons external to him, is the type the Chargers want from a young player. As a third-round choice, Allen had to wait before entering the NFL. To make an impact, he looks to earn a role so he won't have to again.

"I want to be a starter," Allen said. "I don't want to watch. I want to be part of the moment. I don't want to watch it."

con't...

more: http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2013/jun ... mccoy-cal/
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keenan Allen

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:13 pm

I took him in a dynasty hoping he gets in there by next year. I think he has the talent to be a very solid WR but he needs to break through a few that are higher on the pecking order. Once he does I feel he will start to step up and pay dividends.

It used to be that it took Rookie WR's a year to get up to speed and you hoped the second year he started. Recently since a few studly WR's have stepped up their rookie years it seems to be the opinion that they should produce immediately.

Im not that optimistic. I think its going to take most rookies till the second year still to really get in there and make a difference. Allen is no different
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Football Talk