Lets talk about BOLD predictions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Lets talk about BOLD predictions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lets talk about BOLD predictions

Postby football382838 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:00 pm

I ALWAYS love reading experts bold predictions so I would love to hear more from you guys.
One guy on NFL's site said he thinks that AJ Green will not be that good this year. Granted he had some fairly decent stats to back it up why he thinks that but that is a hard one to agree with. Another guy on NFl's site said he thinks Dez B will be the TOP scoring WR. Well if he scores like he did the last 7 games all year you can not argue with that.

I saw another say A. Luck will be a TOP 5 fantasy QB this year.

So if you got a few that you are dead set on believing share with us. If you have stats or a good reason to back it up by all means share them. If you have nothing to back it up with but just have that “gut” feeling share that too.
Anyway a few of mine.

I think AJ Green will be the TOP fantasy WR this year. I think his division is getting weaker. No more Ed reed, Steelers have GOT to hit a wall here soon, and AJ green is just a stud and only getting better. In a ppr league he may not be the top scoring WR but I think he will be the top WR.

I think Chris Ivory will be a TOP TEN fantasy back. I know going from the Saints high scoring O to a Jets O isn’t Ideal but Ivory looks like a good runner and I HAVE to believe he is a better RB then Greene was and you know what… Greene was the 15th scoring RB last year and I think Ivory only does that much better now that he is getting the rock more.

WRS that are going late that I LOVE is Jordy Nelson and D. Bowe. D. Bowe didn’t gain much in Alex Smith but playing with Andy Reid I think Bowe comes back to a top Fantasy WR. Nelson is all tied to health. He could be a top 5 fantasy Wr again. Key word…AGAIN… meaning he has done it before. The guy is in a great O, has the most trust right now with Rodgers since Jennings left (Cobb is a VERY close two) but Neslon is a TD machine and will get his looks with Rodgers.

I think R. Bush has a chance to be a TOP scoring RB Especially in PPR. The guy WILL get over 500 yards receiving and over 50 receptions. Matt Stafford slings the rock like nobodies business. Bush will get his in that O. And even IF Bush starts to get the ball a lot and go crazy you still cant focus on him too much if you are a D. You still have to watch Megatron.

I LOVE Dez and B Marshall this year BUT I just don’t think either of them play 16 games next year. I think the Injury bug bites them. I hate to say it loving them both but I’m just being honest.

Finally, and this isn’t so much a prediction but more of a personal biases thing… and that is… Unless I get Steven Jackson in like the 3rd round I’m NOT taking him. Yes he is on a better team but the guy hasn’t EVER done anything except had one good season. He has flashes of good games but a lot of players will have flashes of good games and not do anything. The guy is 30 now and I just don’t trust him. Could he dominate on his new team? Yes he could have 1600 total yards plus and double digit TDS but I have been burnt by him before and a change of team doesn’t help me trust him anymore. Especially at his age.

Ok what you guys got? Thanks
football382838
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Lets talk about BOLD predictions

Postby Jason497 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:04 pm

I predict Phillip Rivers bounces back and has a pro bowl season. How's that for BOLD? lol. I just believe Mike Mccoy will get the most out of him, along with a suddenly deep WR corp of DX, Floyd, Vincent Brown, and Keenan Allen (and Robert Meachem, lol).

I predict Aaron Dobson matches Brandon Lloyd's 911 yards and 4 TDs. Dude made the sickest catch I've ever seen in college, I think the targets will be there for this guy with all 5 of Brady's top receivers in 2012 gone, hurt, or going to jail.

I predict Ray Rice finishes outside the top 10 RBs this season thanks to a gradual shift to more of a platoon with Bernard Pierce and maybe he suffers an injury, he's been very lucky in that department so far in his career.

Darren Mcfadden plays atleast 14 games this year in a contract season, has a big year, gets a big contract, drafted high in 2014 drafts and sold high in keeper leagues all across the world, then goes back to being glass.

MJD ends up the one replacing Rice in the top 10. (Also in a contract year)

Eddie Lacy gets 1200-1300 All purpose yards and establishes himself as the packers RB to own going forward.

And some non-fantasy ones...

Broncos make it past the divisional round of the playoffs and finally all the Tebow idiots can stop saying "Tebow got them as far as Peyton."

Alex Smith leads the Chiefs to a 9-7 record, but just misses out on the 6th seed.

Seahawks lose to the 49ers in Seattle week 2, in a stunning upset, and paves the way for another 49er division crown.

Monte Kiffin gets Dallas over the hump and they win the NFC East.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby murphysxm » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:27 pm

My favorite thread of the year...

Jamaal Charles #1 PPR RB
Tom Brady outside top 10 at QB
Somebody you have never heard of on Philly's current roster is an everyday starter
Peyton turns back the clock and is #1
LeSean is #2 PPR RB
Your 2013 #1 fantasy TE, wait for it, Martellus Bennett
which leads to me saying Jay Cuter is a top 8 QB
The Rams are good, like 10 wins good
Arian Foster, is out of the top 10 at RB
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby jay0582 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:53 pm

Not really a bold prediction, but I think Dez Bryant is the number 2 fantasy WR this year with there being a nice little fall off gap after him. I could see a line like 1400 yds , 16 tds, but Calvin will have something like 1900 yards 15 tds.

Lamar Miller is a top 10 running back in all formats

Chris Johnson is a top 5 RB again

Tom Brady ends up in the 7-10 range for fantasy Qb's

Hakeem Nicks is healthy and a force, finishes as 5th best fantasy WR behind the big 4.

Peyton Manning finishes as #1 or #2 fantasy QB

Demarco Murray and Darren MCfadden both play atleast 14 games finish as top 15 backs , maybe top 10

Torrey Smith breaks through and has a 1200 yd 10 or more td season

Alfred Morris has a sophomore slump and doesnt crack the top 15 fantasy backs

Leasean Mccoy has a great bounce back year and finishes as a top 7 fantasy RB , w/ at least 12 total TD's
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby LWCrunner55 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:59 pm

Emmanuel Sanders AND TY Hilton both break 1,000 yards receiving :)
Danny Amendola plays an entire year and finishes as a top 10 WR!
Jordy Nelson leads the NFL in receiving TDs again.
CJ Spiller puts up over 1,700 yards rushing :)

Enjoy :)
QB- M. Ryan, T. Pryor
RB- A. Morris, L. Bell, A. Ellington, C. Ivory, M. James, D. Martin
WR- J. Nelson, A. Brown, J. Boykin, D. Heyward-Bey,
TE- J. Graham, C. Fleener
LWCrunner55
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Response Team
(Past Year: 171)

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:10 am

Alfred Morris leads all RB's this year.
Trent Richardson is second.

Danny Amendola bombs in NE
Pats miss the playoffs.

Andy Dalton is a top 5 QB.

The Cardinals make it to the NFC Championship game.

The Browns make it to the playoffs.

8-o 8-o 8-o
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby srlarson » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:09 am

Gibbs......he said bold.....those have to have you on the pipe.....jk...half the fun....

Qb's
Peyton #1 qb, brady will still be top ten
Last yr's rookies will all move forward....makes the position real deep

RB:
AP is still a beast
Foster is out, Tate is in....
position is a mess....get a stud and then swing for the fences
Bernard in Cinci, replaces lay firm
R Bush has good year in Detroit

WR:
Calvin and everyone else
Fitz will have his best year since being with Warner
Dez B will fall on his face....Outside of top 20
lots of Wr2/3's just have to find the ones that become marginal 1's
(Jordy, M Austin)
Deep position

TE:
wow got thin....
Graham and everyone else...
Like Rudolph to crack top 5,
Ballard should push for top 10....
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:18 pm

Figured I'd bump this thread, now that we're a month closer to the start of the season.

Any more BOLD predictions?
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby T-Lo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:30 pm

AJ Green #1 WR agreed.
Tom Brady falls out of the top 10 fantasy QBs
Matthew Stafford #1 QB [more wishful thinking but what the hell I'll stake a claim]
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 68)

Postby LSUby50 » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:38 pm

Matt stafford top 3 qb. (behind peyton and cam) Adding Reggie bush should open things up even more in the passing game. He's led the league in passing attempts the last 2 years.Rodgers' numbers take a hit by focusing on running game more with the rookie rbs.

Kaepernick-sophomore slump

Sjax-top 5 rb with 15+ td's (he'll see more goal line work than he ever dreamed of, he just needs to stay healthy.

Eddie Lacey will be ffb rookie of the year. 10 Tds.

Nicks -top 10 wr, stays healthy all year (conveniently in a contract year)

McFadden plays 14+ games (also has a contract coming up)

Broncos over NYG in an all-Manning superBowl.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions