Feel safe with Ridley? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Feel safe with Ridley?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Feel safe with Ridley?

Postby Mobenhaus12 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:14 pm

I'm in a keeper league, draft 9th spot in 10 team league. I am able to keep Ridley for a 4th rounder, since I drafted him in the 6th round last year. If I kept Ridley for a 4th rounder, would be the 32nd overall pick. By looking at current ADP's looks line I would be getting him at a little discount at that spot. I would only be using him as a flex, as I'm keeping AP and most likely drafting S. Jackson at the 12 spot. I'm worried about Ridleys situation, with Vareen looking good, and the addition of Blount. Should I keep him there, or drop him and look for a WR or something different with my 4th rounder. This is a TD heavy league.
Mobenhaus12
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Feel safe with Ridley?

Postby Jason497 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:43 pm

In a TD heavy league Ridley is probably a great investment in that spot. Blount is garbage at short yardage, he's like this decade's Ron Dayne. The only one who remotely has a shot at goalline carries besides Ridley might be Brandon Bolden, but Ridley was highly effective there so I don't know why they'd change things.

I don't like him in a PPR but that's irrelevant to your league, since you have a flex and can start 3 RBs I like the idea of keeping him for a 4th. Great value at 32 in a TD heavy league. He should continue to get a lot of goalline looks in that high powered Tom Brady offense.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 42)

Postby LWCrunner55 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:33 pm

Yeah I have to agree. In a TD heavy league Ridley is a pretty sure bet. He is almost a shoe-in for double digit TDs. I'd keep him.
QB- M. Ryan, T. Pryor
RB- A. Morris, L. Bell, A. Ellington, C. Ivory, M. James, D. Martin
WR- J. Nelson, A. Brown, J. Boykin, D. Heyward-Bey,
TE- J. Graham, C. Fleener
LWCrunner55
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 171)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:39 pm

Ive always been a little leary of NE Rb's. He performed well last year but the question is can he repeat. I personally dont think so. Last year both him and Vareen were seen as the 2 emerging Rb's but Vareen got hurt to start the year and cam on at the end. Through out the year there were times where owning Ridley killed you because Belicheck has some crazy game plan that included Woodhead or Bolden. Its that ?? that makes me worry a bit and the fact that Vareen is not hurt.

At that spot I would probably keep him still as my #2 and then try to be sure to get Vareen later.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby LSUby50 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:59 am

Another way to look at it, if you're keeping him as the #32 pick, thats after 10 keepers are taken out, so he's the 42nd player off the board. Thats pretty good value for a starting RB on a good team.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 73)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions