You can only keep 1 in a PPR League: Tom Brady VS MEGATRON - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

You can only keep 1 in a PPR League: Tom Brady VS MEGATRON

Moderator: Football Moderators

You can only keep 1 in a PPR League: Tom Brady VS MEGATRON

Postby NDPalmer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:24 am

In a 12 team PPR League with 1 keeper, a decision must be made. I've had Tom Brady for the last 6 years but I am leaning toward keeping Calvin Johnson this year. Someone help a brother out with some sound advice.
NDPalmer
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: You can only keep 1 in a PPR League: Tom Brady VS MEGAT

Postby Zbetty » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:40 pm

I would keep Johnson. Lots if solid QBs and Johnson is way above any other WR. I'm sure Brady will still have a good year, but he is losing a lot of weapons.
10 Team PPR predraft
QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- CJ Spiller, Marshawn Lynch
WR- Jordy Nelson, Michael Crabtree
TE- Jimmy Graham
LB- James Laurinaitis
DL- Corey Liuget
DB- Harrison Smith
Zbetty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby tantrix1969 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:16 pm

Zbetty wrote:I would keep Johnson. Lots if solid QBs and Johnson is way above any other WR. I'm sure Brady will still have a good year, but he is losing a lot of weapons.

I agree with this, Brady will be alright and we know he can elevate his receivers play but the Pats receiver core is getting seriously thinned out,I'd keep Megatron
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Postby duffoholic » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:20 pm

I honestly can't believe this is a real question. Brady is solid, FOR SURE, but megatron is the #1 WR in fantasy. QB is really deep these days and Brady is basically starting the season from scratch with a whole new set of WRs and potentially neither of his stud TEs. Gronk will be back but who knows when. I can see Brady finishing outside the top 10 at QB and would be willing to bet he is outside the top 5. If you look at the ADP of these two guys, Calvin is at around 6 overall and Brady is closer to 32. Megatron is the clear keeper here and in my opinion it isn't even close.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby wtr23 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:30 pm

Agreed, Johnson and its not close. Gronk injured, Hernandez arrested and then released... I wouldn't want to rely on Amendola and the rookie crew to carry my QB this season. I could see Brady outside of the top 5, even the top 10. Calvin is the top overall WR, a top 5 pick in dynasty/keeper leagues. You need megatron more than you need Brady.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Postby NDPalmer » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:03 pm

Thanks. I know it was an odd question just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting senial in my old age.
NDPalmer
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby duffoholic » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:49 am

NDPalmer wrote:Thanks. I know it was an odd question just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting senial in my old age.

Hahaha, Sorry if I seemed rude! This just seemed crazy due to the timing. All the weapons are crashing down around Brady right now and Calvin is the undisputed king of WR's. Your gut was leading you in the right direction!
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby Dawinner127 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:19 pm

duffoholic wrote:I honestly can't believe this is a real question. Brady is solid, FOR SURE, but megatron is the #1 WR in fantasy. QB is really deep these days and Brady is basically starting the season from scratch with a whole new set of WRs and potentially neither of his stud TEs. Gronk will be back but who knows when. I can see Brady finishing outside the top 10 at QB and would be willing to bet he is outside the top 5. If you look at the ADP of these two guys, Calvin is at around 6 overall and Brady is closer to 32. Megatron is the clear keeper here and in my opinion it isn't even close.

Hit the nail on the head. ;-D
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:09 pm

even if Brady had all his weapons, I'd be keeping Megatron over any QB
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Yabbydoo » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:41 am

Keep megatron all day. Bunch of solid QB's out there to replace Brady and Brady's production is bound to go down because of lack of weapons.
Yabbydoo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 14)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions