Need your thoughts on a keeper league trade - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Need your thoughts on a keeper league trade

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need your thoughts on a keeper league trade

Postby Buckeye02 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:21 pm

I'm in a 12 team PPR keeper league that allows you to keep 3 players of any position. Each player you keep, you lose the round they were drafted in the previous year. I have 4 players that I want to keep:

Ray Rice (1st)
Adrian Peterson (2nd)
Doug Martin (3rd)
Randall Cobb (8th)

Now, I'm wanting to trade Ray Rice and a round 14-16 draft pick for a 2nd round pick. That way I can keep Adrian Peterson, Doug Martin, and Randall Cobb and still have a 1st and 2nd round pick in this upcoming draft. I figure the 2 players I pick up by trading Rice will outscore Rice in the upcoming season. But then again, I really won't know who will be available to draft in the 1st and 2nd round this year since our keepers haven't been established yet.

The trouble I might run into is that whoever steps up and agrees to this trade is esensually giving up their 1st and second pick to keep Ray Rice. If you trade for Rice you're going to want to keep him. So I have to find a team that doesn't want to keep their 1st or 2nd round picks from a year ago.

I hope this made sense. If you have any other details you need to give your advice on this deal just ask. If you were in my position, would you try to make this trade happen? Thanks in advance for your input, and I'm glad to be apart of the Cafe.
Buckeye02
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Need your thoughts on a keeper league trade

Postby duffoholic » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:11 pm

For sure I'd try to make something like this happen but I doubt it would go through... I don't see anybody willing to give up a first and second for Rice. You might be able to aim a little lower or possibly give back a 4-6th rounder but it doesn't hurt to aim high! Do you have any other keepers you could pair up instead to give two guys (including Rice) for a pick upgrade?
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Re: Need your thoughts on a keeper league trade

Postby Buckeye02 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Drafted Peyton Manning in the 4th. I could put him in the deal. Wouldn't hurt me, because he'd be going back in the draft anyways. It depends on the person's team and what their RB's look like. Ray Rice might be worth those picks if they got, say A.J. Green in the 3rd or Matt Ryan in the 6th. Thanks for you input
Buckeye02
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions