Auction keeper question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Auction keeper question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Auction keeper question

Postby bisklimpkit » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:24 am

Standard scoring league (4pts for passing td)
Start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 DST, 1 K

We get to keep up to 3 players, their price is $5 higher than whatever the cost to roster them was the previous season. $200 budget.

I am sure I am going to keep Julio Jones @ $17 and Brandon Marshall @ $25. For reference, guys like Megatron, Andre Johnson, and Roddy White went for over $40 each last season.

I'm torn between the following two players:
Matt Stafford @ $23
Tony Gonzalez @ $11

QBs are going to be expensive, as the top tier guys go for anywhere between $40-$55, but I'm not super confident in Stafford. Guys like Luck, RG3, Ryan and Kaep will be kept as they were drafted very cheaply.

TE is always a shallow position. Graham is already kept, and last year Gronk went for $25. I know I could get a TE for $5 or less, but none that I feel confident would get good production.

I also need to be budget-conscious. Elite RBs go for $65+, and since I didn't draft well for RBs last year I need every penny I can spare to make sure I get at least one good one. Any thoughts out there on what you'd do and why? I'd appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks.
bisklimpkit
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Golden Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Auction keeper question

Postby duffoholic » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:34 pm

I think Gonzo is your guy. He is my 4th or 5th TE and as such 11$ is probably a decent price with Graham/Gronk type guys going for over 20$. Like you said, the TE position is pretty lacklustre outside the top couple guys and I think Gonz is in that list. He's not that top tier by any means but definitely in the pack below Graham and Gronk.

Stafford for 23$ on the other hand, looks to be at or maybe even above the value he would go for. Assuming there are 5-8 QBs kept (the four you listed plus Wilson, maybe Peyton or Rodgers...) there should still be some considerable talent available and not too many people bidding on it. If you wait it out a little and maybe help bump the price of the top guys you should be able to; a) get Stafford back for $23 or less or b) get another one of that tier of QB for at or below that 20$ price tag. I don't think you mentioned how many teams your league is, but assuming 12 teams and 6-8 already have QB's, you should be able to get a guy like Romo for relatively cheap and then take a flier on a guy like Geno, Manuel, Barkley or Dalton in the hopes that you can have you steal for next year.

I hope it helps...
12 team auction (100$)
Wilson 3$, Dalton 4$
Foster $30, Charles $16, Tate 2$, Wilson 10$
V. Jackson 10$, Boldin 3$, Garcon 4$, Witten, 4$, T. Austin $5, Patterson 2$, Tate 3$, Dobson 1$
Tucker, K 1$,Tynes, K 1$
NYG D, 1$
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions