Dynasty Running Back Help: Lewis, Bell, Barner.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dynasty Running Back Help: Lewis, Bell, Barner..

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty Running Back Help: Lewis, Bell, Barner..

Postby goldallinmypayne » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:05 pm

I need help deciding on a running back with the most long term upside. This running back will be buried at the end of my bench so I don't need him contributing anytime soon, but do an of these guys present short/long term upside?

Joique Bell, RB DET
Dion Lewis, RB CLE
Kenjon Barner, RB CAR
Jawan Jamison, RB WSH
Chris Thompson, RB WSH

Thanks!
goldallinmypayne
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dynasty Running Back Help: Lewis, Bell, Barner..

Postby wfugel » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:57 am

Unfortunately, I don't think any of these guys will be an option in the future at least with their current teams. These teams have their backs of the future with the exception of Carolina and I just don't see them breaking through to take the #1 spot. Never know with trades or injuries though.
wfugel
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty Running Back Help: Lewis, Bell, Barner..

Postby Jason497 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:08 pm

Joique Bell I think has a future. He has good size (5'11, 220) and showed last season he's a fantastic receiver out of the backfield.

Will he ever be a stud? Probably not, but he could surely be a team's #2 and solid PPR depth, with upside to be more. He's a restricted free agent next season and if Detroit doesn't want to tender him, he'd be a free agent. He averaged 5 yards a carry last season which is promising.

Both Washington RBs are buried for 4 years on the depth chart and don't really offer much upside, Barner is buried and even the GM referred to him as a little scatback. Dion Lewis is competing with Montario Hardesty and doesn't seem to have much upside either.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions