Rank these 6 QBs please :) WHIR! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Rank these 6 QBs please :) WHIR!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rank these 6 QBs please :) WHIR!

Postby LWCrunner55 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:32 pm

Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin III
Russell Wilson
Matt Ryan
Colin Kaepernik
Tony Romo

I'm having a hard time deciding which of these 6 QBs to draft this season. The league I'm in gives 6 pts for passing TDs just fyi. Rank these QBs and put a comment with them please :)
QB- M. Ryan, T. Pryor
RB- A. Morris, L. Bell, A. Ellington, C. Ivory, M. James, D. Martin
WR- J. Nelson, A. Brown, J. Boykin, D. Heyward-Bey,
TE- J. Graham, C. Fleener
LWCrunner55
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Response Team
(Past Year: 171)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rank these 6 QBs please :) WHIR!

Postby Jason497 » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:29 pm

1. Matt Ryan (should be golden with 6 pt TDs, certainly the safest out of the group and White/Jones/Gonzo is simply elite options.)

2. RGIII (Highest upside of the group, he was putting up otherworldly numbers as a rookie. I think he'll be ready for week 1 and his season will kinda be like Cam's last year, slow start but monster finish)

3. Russell Wilson (monster finish to last year, getting Percy Harvin only helps. He's 3rd simply because it's still going to be a conservative run first offense with a defense so good that Wilson won't have to play catch up much, he has the talent to match the other 2 though)

4. Andrew Luck (best QB prospect since Peyton Manning, didn't disappoint with the most rookie passing yards in history. He already finished 10th as a rookie, I think he takes a step forward)

5. Colin Kaepernick (losing his best WR hurts bad, I'd have him above Luck if he still had Crabtree, he's still going to get those rushing yards to make him a QB1 but he also has the same situation Wilson has, top notch D and conservative run based offense)

6. Tony Romo (I don't think Tony Romo passes for an ungodly 643 attempts again with Bill Callahan calling the plays and his yardage comes a bit back down to earth this season. He'll still be good but I have him as the clear 12th QB on the board)
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby taw856 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:06 pm

Jason497 wrote:1. Matt Ryan (should be golden with 6 pt TDs, certainly the safest out of the group and White/Jones/Gonzo is simply elite options.)

2. RGIII (Highest upside of the group, he was putting up otherworldly numbers as a rookie. I think he'll be ready for week 1 and his season will kinda be like Cam's last year, slow start but monster finish)

3. Russell Wilson (monster finish to last year, getting Percy Harvin only helps. He's 3rd simply because it's still going to be a conservative run first offense with a defense so good that Wilson won't have to play catch up much, he has the talent to match the other 2 though)

4. Andrew Luck (best QB prospect since Peyton Manning, didn't disappoint with the most rookie passing yards in history. He already finished 10th as a rookie, I think he takes a step forward)

5. Colin Kaepernick (losing his best WR hurts bad, I'd have him above Luck if he still had Crabtree, he's still going to get those rushing yards to make him a QB1 but he also has the same situation Wilson has, top notch D and conservative run based offense)

6. Tony Romo (I don't think Tony Romo passes for an ungodly 643 attempts again with Bill Callahan calling the plays and his yardage comes a bit back down to earth this season. He'll still be good but I have him as the clear 12th QB on the board)

Switch Kapernick and RGIII, otherwise I agree. I'm higher on Kap primarily because Boldin is a perfect fit for that offense, so even without Crabtree, he'll have a couple targets (Davis, Boldin) with a good running game to keep defenses honest. The above is right that he and Wilson are similar, I just think Kap is the more dangerous player of the two. And while RGIII if healthy would be #1 in this group to me, with Ryan the only one even close, I'm lower on RGIII because I don't trust that he's healthy yet (and really, really hoping from a 'Skins fans perspective that Shanahan has learned he can let Cousins fill in for a game or two as needed).

Mine: viewtopic.php?t=534072
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
A. Rodgers outscores D. Brees in ESPN standard scoring by 40+.
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
M. Lynch=not a Top 10 RB.
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 183)

Postby Mizou » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:25 am

1. Matt Ryan. Best guy here, and has monster weapons to work with.

2. Russel Wilson. Getting Harvin indicates that they might (should) open up the offense a bit more in Wilson's second year. Was already posting good numbers as a rookie in the 2nd half of last year.

3. Andrew Luck. Losing Bruce Arians might hurt, as Arians' offense is more downfield and yardage gaining, but the new offense should keep Luck cleaner. I think he still has a good chance to score big with him, Fleener, his other TE, and TY Hilton all maturing in their second years.

4. RG3. Just a health issue here. Even if he plays all 16 games, will they run him as much? He may or may not gain more passing yardage to counter the potential decrease in running yardage.

5. Tony Romo. All the guy does is put up top-10 QB numbers, yet he gets little to no love. Romo is my favorite later-round QB target, as his ADP (usually 9th round or so) makes for great value with what you get in return. He also has weapons like Dez and Witten to throw to. Oline is a concern.

6. Colin Kaepernick. Run-based offense, and he lost Crabtree. Yes, he has other weapons, but not the likes of guys higher on the list. He will have to do more with less than anybody else on this list.

Mine? viewtopic.php?t=534082
Mizou
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby murda42 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:15 pm

Matt Ryan- safest play, but not the biggest gamble. He's on paper the #1 QB in the list but if your team is strong and you can gamble there are higher upside but more risk QBs on this list. He will play ahead alot and with Jackson run more then last year. He has the weapons and will put up the numbers no doubt.

Robert Griffin III- Most upside on the list, but a big gamble. Running QBs are always an injury concern, but this guy is a special player. He could put up 4,000 yards and run for 800. He has Davis coming back and Garcon somewhat healthy. If he stays under center for 16 games, he may have the most points of any QB on this list.

Tony Romo- Romo puts up big numbers every year. Bryant finally decided to play last year and Murray is healthy so far. I can see Romo throwing for 4000 yards and 30 TDs this year without a doubt.

Andrew Luck- Loosing Arians will help reduce his INTs but hurt his yards. He wont throw down field as much. He is going to produce numbers and may have the best schedule among the QBs on the list. He is really a toss up with Romo

Russell Wilson- Harvin helps, but still a run first team. Still a good D and not going to be playing from behind or killing it in garbage time. Teams may also figure Wilson out before the other running QBs that burst on the scene.

Colin Kaepernik- Run first offense with a top level defense means no garbage time production and rare play from behind games. Sure he has the arm and the talent, but it wont be used enough to produce more points then the guys on this list.
murda42 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 56)

Postby LSUby50 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:57 pm

Matt Ryan-easlily the best of this group imo
Andrew Luck- i think will take another step forward. Gotta bump him up if its any kind of keeper league
Robert Griffin III-injury concerns. not sure of his return date but im afraid with his size and type of game that injuries will be a constant worry.
Tony Romo-always underrated. Gets Witten a full year and Dez could become the top WR in the league. Plenty of weapons, just need to fix that OLine. He's the last QB i'd want as a QB1
Russell Wilson-Im stil not sold on him as a fantasy starter. Seems a little fluky last year. I tend to favor guys who have done it for several years.
Colin Kaepernik-just not enough body of work for me to rank above the others. I think his running helped him get by last year but defenses might start to take that away in year 2.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions