Fantasy Football Draft Locations - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Fantasy Football Draft Locations

Moderator: Football Moderators

Fantasy Football Draft Locations

Postby Chicago 2 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:59 pm

My league wants to draft somewhere other than in the comfort of our own homes this year.

Our league is an auction draft, does anyone know of places that allow you to run auction drafts?

I live in the Chicago area, I'd rather not hold at someone's house.
Chicago 2
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 56)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Fantasy Football Draft Locations

Postby LSUby50 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:48 pm

There should be restaurants that have conference type rooms away from the rest of the restaurant, probably would have better luck during the week when there's not a crowd there and they would welcome 10-12 guys for a couple hours. just call around and ask, I think it's getting to be fairly common. I saw hooters advertising stuff like this last year.

We used to do our draft at my friends law office. He had a big board room with a table we can all sit around, but we actually decided someone's house was better because you have more comfortable seating and can grill steaks, etc
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)

Postby tantrix1969 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:44 pm

Dave & Busters is my fav place for drafts, you get a private room, draft board, free wifi, & free games. We've been going there for last couple years and always have a blast. Hooters and Fox&Hound are pretty good too
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Postby CheatSheetWarRoom » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:40 pm

If you're against doing it at someone's home then either someone's workplace or a bar/restaurant are going to be your only options. BWW is a very popular choice but just about any bar would probably try to accommodate you. In the past some of the members of our league would rent a suite at a hotel and everyone would draft there then go out and party afterwards.
Create customized rankings on an interactive, web-based cheat sheet.
http://www.cheatsheetwarroom.com
CheatSheetWarRoom
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Commissioner's Corner