Can't Wait Baby! 7 Weeks! WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Can't Wait Baby! 7 Weeks! WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Can't Wait Baby! 7 Weeks! WHIR

Postby oe14203 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:22 am

So, I have a question with my Second or Third pick. I'm in a 12 man with 1 keeper league. Luckily I was able to get AP in the 3rd rd last year so he's mine for the next year. Unluckily I ended up getting second last year so I'm going to be picking 11th. I was wondering which RB I should pick with my 2nd-3rd pick. I'm assuming Lamar Miller, David Wilson and MJD will be there on my way down (#14 pick). Which do I pick and which round do you think they'll end up going? I'm leaning Miller with my 3rd pick.

Here's our lineup
QB, RB, WR/TE x2, WR/RB (I always go RB), Def, K, IDP

Thanks yall and WHIR!!
oe14203
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Can't Wait Baby! 7 Weeks! WHIR

Postby 11stever11 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:22 pm

I see all three of them going in the first couple of rounds. I like MJD the best out of the group. While his upside is not as high as Wilson's and Miller's upside, I think that he will be a high end RB2 to a low end RB1. I prefer Wilson over Miller but not by much. If Wilson fixes his fumbling problem, I could see him being a high end RB2. I think Andre Brown will be the goal-line back, so that does limit Wilson's upside some.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby murda42 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:03 pm

Grab MJD if you can. He is a beast when healthy and will run again with a chip on his shoulder. Ive never seen a RB accomplish so much yet go into each year with such a low ADP. If MJD is gone grab Wilson over Miller. Nothing against Miller but Wilson is a special talent, that will have a great year if he can hold onto the ball.
On a side, if you can catch your league sleeping and grab Ivory in the 3rd, I would. He is going to have the opportunity to carry the ball a ton, and the Jets O-line is not terrible. He is a decent sleeper pick
murda42 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 56)

Postby oe14203 » Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:28 am

Ok, so should I go WR/WR then, with AP already on my squad? I would likely get 2 out of Julio/Percy/Cruz. Then get RB with my 3rd (4th rd). Probably a reggie bush, chris ivory or hopefully Steven Ridley pick???

good discussion guys! This is what makes ffb so fun..everyone getting on web pages discussing with total strangers for the chance to crush their friends!
oe14203
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)

Postby srlarson » Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:33 am

If you can get julio over MJD...in a heart beat....going into a draft saying I'm taking a RB in the 2nd and WR in the 3rd...etc...is dangerous...do your homework...have you players in groups (RB1, RB2, RB3...WR1, WR2, WR3).....then execute take the best value with each pick....Otherwise you will miss on the best talent...if you do your homework then you should be fine....

and when is everyone going to through out the snake draft.....might as well pull out the newspaper for scoring.....way too old school!!
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions