FFB Leauge Victory Points CHECK THE RULES OUT, I need help!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

FFB Leauge Victory Points CHECK THE RULES OUT, I need help!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

FFB Leauge Victory Points CHECK THE RULES OUT, I need help!!

Postby Hardhitta0321 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:29 pm

Ok I haven't joined this lg yet (made my payment) because I never had a lg like this so I need some help in how different this Leauge would/will be below are the Leauge rules just how the commish wrote them....

SBFFC SATELLITE DRAFT---$50 buy in...

$480 payouts.....Draft next Saturday night, July 27

Starting Lineup: QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 2 FLEX (RB/WR/TE), 1 K, 1 DEF...10 bench players...

Here is a sample of victory points:

Here’s the basic premise behind Victory Points. While you’re still playing weekly H2H matchups and trying to get a win, with VPs you are also awarded or penalized for the amount of points you score for the week. So your goal each week is to accumulate as many Victory Points as you can by your team getting a win and scoring fantasy points. League standings are no longer based on simple Wins and Losses, they are based on the amount of total VPs for each team.

The Victory Points system works in the following way:

Team which wins its weekly H2H matchup will earn 2 Victory Points
Team which loses its weekly H2H matchup will earn 0 Victory Points

In addition, teams will earn Victory Points for the amount of fantasy points they score as follows:

Top point scoring team - 2 Victory Points
No.2 point scoring team - 2 Victory Points
No.3 point scoring team - 2 Victory Points
No.4 point scoring team - 2 Victory Points
No.5 point scoring team - 1 Victory Point
No.6 point scoring team - 1 Victory Point
No.7 point scoring team - 1 Victory Point
No.8 point scoring team - 1 Victory Point
No.9 point scoring team - 0 Victory Points
No.10 point scoring team - 0 Victory Points
No.11 point scoring team - 0 Victory Points
No.12 point scoring team - 0 Victory Points

Each team will earn either 4, 3, 2, 1, or 0 Victory Points for the week based on the criteria above. The weekly league standings will be based on the amount of total Victory Points each team has accumulated to date.

So as a few examples: get a Win and be one of the top four scoring teams for the week and you get a maximum of 4 VPs. Get a Loss and be one of the middle four scoring teams and you still pick up 1 VP. Get a Loss and score in the bottom four and you get 0 VPs.

And here’s the best part of this format. You know how in regular H2H leagues you score the 2nd most fantasy points for the week but just so happens that you play the team that scored the most fantasy points for the week? Well, with VPs not all is lost as you still earn 2 VPs for the week, which isn’t too bad.

Seed 1 - Team with the most Victory Points

Seed 2 - Team with the next highest amount of Victory Points (not necessarily a Division Winner)

Seed 3 - Team with the next highest amount of Victory Points

Seed 4 - Team with the next highest amount of Victory Points

Seed 5 - Team with the next highest amount of Victory Points

Seed 6 - Team with the next highest amount of Victory Points

Seeds 1 and Seeds 2 will win a regular season award (as listed in the prize section) and earn Immunity in Week 14 of the League Playoffs. This means Seeds 1 and 2 automatically advance to Week 15.

During Week 14, Seeds 3, 4, 5 and 6 will have their score reset to zero, will set their lineups and compete in total points competition. The two teams which score the most points during Week 14 will advance in the League Playoffs. The remaining two teams are eliminated.

During Week 15 and 16, Seeds 1 and 2, as well as the two Seeds which advanced from Week 14, will have their scores reset to zero, will set their lineups and compete in a 2-week total points competition. The team which scores most points during Weeks 15 & 16 will be crowned League Champion. The team which scored 2nd most points will be runner-up. The team which scored 3rd most points will finish 3rd.

Also it has S-Style draft, with 3rd round reversal. So whatever pick you get (we are bidding on the picks) will switch in the 3rd round. So u get 1st pick you'll switch to 12th in 3rd round I believe.....

Any of u ever played in this formate????
Hardhitta0321
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk