1st Time Running 16-team League - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

1st Time Running 16-team League

Moderator: Football Moderators

1st Time Running 16-team League

Postby lambo1203 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:05 pm

I've been the commissioner of fantasy baseball and football leagues for almost 10 years, and have only gone to 12 teams. This year, interest in the league is at an all-time high and we are expanding to 16 owners. I've had success keeping most owners from year to year and most don't complain about the way the league is run, but after a lot of friends moved away/lost interest in fantasy last year, we are now adding 7 new owners and I'd really like some help from the cafe to a few questions I have about how I'm setting up the league this year.

Here's the league setup (my questions come a bit later):
-2 conferences, 2 divisions per conference, 4 teams per division
-8 teams make playoffs (two division winners play two wild card teams per conference)
-13-week regular season schedule, 3 week playoff schedule (to avoid week 17 games)
-Roster settings are QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE "Flex", K, D/ST, 4 bench
-Scoring system is PPC AND PPR, 6 points per TD, 1 pt/25 yards QB, 1 pt/10 yards everyone else
-Maximum roster settings are: 3 QB, 5 RB, 6 WR, 2 TE, 2 K, 2 D/ST
-No dynasty, keeper, etc.

Here's what I'm concerned about:
-Are the roster settings fair? (Will teams be struggling to field a full team on a rough bye week?, Are there too many starters? Will there be a lack of fantasy-worthy players toward the end of the draft?)
-Is 90 seconds too long for each pick? (It's an online draft to help ensure it goes quick)
-Should some max roster settings be adjusted? (Too many QBs, RBs, WRs allowed?)
-We have members who like vetoing trades, so I have 7 votes required to veto a trade...is this too much, not enough?
-Are there any glaring problems in how the league appears to be run on the surface with just the info I've given?

If anyone has any advice or help, I would really appreciate it. Also, if there's a post I can help with, just let me know and I'd be glad to help
lambo1203
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 1st Time Running 16-team League

Postby lambo1203 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:23 pm

Bump
lambo1203
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 12)