Dynasty Trade- Den. Moore for Finley? WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dynasty Trade- Den. Moore for Finley? WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty Trade- Den. Moore for Finley? WHIR

Postby jfarrell24 » Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:26 pm

I am in a 12-team PPR dynasty league. I am hurting at TE and just received this offer:

I give- Denarius Moore
I get- Jermichael Finley

We start 3 WR each week and 1 FLEX. My WR's and TE's currently are as follows:
WR- Welker, Bowe, Antonio Brown, Mike Williams, Denarius Moore, Andrew Hawkins
TE- Fred Davis, Aaron Hernandez, Tony Moeaki

I also have the 1.12, 4.12, and the #12 pick in the rest of the rounds
He has the #5 pick in each round.

I originally thought "no way" he needs to give me a pick too but looking at ADP's Finley actually has the lower ADP right now. What do I do here? Accept the trade? Or try to counter and get a better draft pick? Like give up my 1.12 and get his 1.05? He also has Kyle Rudolph...should I ask for Rudolph over Finley? (I actually like Finley better). Sorry for the rambling....please help!

Leave a link and I will help you in return.
jfarrell24
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 34)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty Trade- Den. Moore for Finley? WHIR

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:16 am

My first instinct is no, no way. But, I'm kinda biased on Moore, think he'll be just fine for the long haul.

However, looking at some dynasty rankings, he's actually ranked behind your other 4 WR's, and Finley is top 5-10.

So yeah, projections have this as a good trade for you. You might try for a pick, but that might turn him off the trade. And, Finley is a definite upgrade at TE for you, and considering your depth at WR, and how deep that position is, this seems worthwhile.

I way go for it!

;-D
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby Jason497 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:22 am

Yeah I'd pull the trigger on this one too. I don't see Moore turning into a stud all of a sudden with noodle arm Flynn there but I guess stranger things have happened, either way Finley is a much needed upgrade at TE for you. Moeaki's future is up in the air at this point in KC with Fasano and Kelce's additions and Aaron Hernandez is pretty much done for, and then you've got Davis coming off an achilles and he wasn't exactly lighting it up the 7 games he did play with RGIII, 0 TDs.

I think you actually have to do this, especially if you view Finley better than Rudolph.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Indibuck » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:22 am

I think you can do better than Finley for Moore.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby da bears » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:00 pm

I don't think Finley is much of an upgrade at all over Davis. I'd hold out for a better deal there

viewtopic.php?f=396&t=534564
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby onehittaquita98 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:18 pm

Thanks for answering mine!

I would do this trade in a heartbeat. Normally I would not do a trade for a TE when I am giving up a position player in return. However, with your depth at WR and the fact that Fred Davis has a shaky history along with Finley being thrust into a larger role this year I think this deal helps your team a ton. Finley is playing for a contract, and he is reported to have gotten into the best shape of his career. That along with the fact that he came on strong last year shows me that he is due for a huge year. Money is a great motivator. He may finally be living up to the huge hype surrounding him the past couple years. Bottom line, this deal helps your team and provides upside.
onehittaquita98
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 12)

Postby xclusive1987 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:23 am

I would do it. I think Finley has a decent season, with potential to be great, and your other WRs are pretty good.

Need some help on this viewtopic.php?f=238&t=534578 Any opinions needed!
xclusive1987
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 75)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions