Draft help! 12 team league w/ keepers, auction format-WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Draft help! 12 team league w/ keepers, auction format-WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Draft help! 12 team league w/ keepers, auction format-WH

Postby onehittaquita98 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:01 pm

That, my friend, is well put. (prior post) Knowing that your league doesn't have a flex spot makes your suggestion right on the money. Paying 3 WR of Jordy Nelson's caliber, solid money but not a mint price for a Calvin leaves you the room to sign a solid RB3 and maybe a rookie flier RB4. You have a good problem to have and with a core of players where you are set at RB and the room to get 3 solid WR will be tough to beat.
onehittaquita98
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 12)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mycuccismells » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:00 pm

Thanks, never played an auction league so its interesting to try and take a stab at the strategy behind them. Like you said he already has 2 top 7-8 RBs and a top 3 QB; if you can manage to get 3 top 15ish WRs to go along with that you will have a very strong starting line up.

Fill up your bench with guys like Andre Brown who will be a TD threat even if David Wilson doesnt pan out and could be more than that if Wilson fails or gets hurt. Someone else you could target would be Mike Gillislee in Miami and you could get him for cheap, Lamar Miller has yet to prove himslf and no one knows how he will hold up. Or take a chance on one of the STL or GB running backs; might not do much but one of them could step up and prove to be a great keeper next year.

Get one or two guys in the $10 range that you know will be at least good enough for bye week fill ins, and then load up on a few high risk high reward guys
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby ASaini91 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:46 pm

TsunamiMike wrote:I really don't...

So as you can see I was pretty set except for WR and was ok as Gronk was putting up crazy points and then Gronk got hurt.

I don't want to make that mistake again though. But I am not sold on picking up 3 random starters from what's left or go for megaton and pick up 2 wr2 or wr3 to help....

Just not sure..

Given you're league format I'd draft 2 Rbs early so you can get yourself set in that position. After that with your 3rd and 4th round picks I'd go out and get the best available Wrs who have a good Qb. Then depending on who you want as your Qb you can look for a Qb with your 5th pick or can hold off to the 6th or 7th round. Regardless, I highly recommend waiting on a Qb since everyone is looking to stack up on Rbs and Wrs early this year. I'd hold off on a TE. This year it's a decent group of TE but it's still a fairly thin crop so most teams are going to be at a disadvantage at TE. I'd hold off on drafting one till the 7th or 8th round
ASaini91
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mycuccismells » Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:54 pm

ASaini91 wrote:Given you're league format I'd draft 2 Rbs early so you can get yourself set in that position. After that with your 3rd and 4th round picks I'd go out and get the best available Wrs who have a good Qb. Then depending on who you want as your Qb you can look for a Qb with your 5th pick or can hold off to the 6th or 7th round. Regardless, I highly recommend waiting on a Qb since everyone is looking to stack up on Rbs and Wrs early this year. I'd hold off on a TE. This year it's a decent group of TE but it's still a fairly thin crop so most teams are going to be at a disadvantage at TE. I'd hold off on drafting one till the 7th or 8th round

This is an auction league so there are no "rounds". Everyone gets a budget and you bid on players one by one, everyone has a fair shot at every player.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby ASaini91 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:32 pm

mycuccismells wrote:
This is an auction league so there are no "rounds". Everyone gets a budget and you bid on players one by one, everyone has a fair shot at every player.

Whoops. I overlooked the fact that it's an auction league. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

I dont have any experience with auction drafts so I cant help you out there. Sorry
ASaini91
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby TsunamiMike » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:01 am

bump, any other suggestions..
TsunamiMike
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 56)