When to allow trades again? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

When to allow trades again?

Moderator: Football Moderators

When to allow trades again?

Postby xclusive1987 » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Alright, so here's my dilemma. 10 team, 3 keeper league.

In the past, teams have been able to trade as soon as the championship game is over. Well this year, there has been over 30 trades, and over 60 draft picks switching hands. Frankly, it's been pretty overwhelming to keep up with as the commish, as I have to change it on the draft board and the online draft board I made for players to look at. I read somewhere that some leagues have an off-season schedule that doesn't all any trading in between the trade deadline and the keeper deadline. This would also eliminate a team trading players they weren't planning on keeping for picks.

As a player, I don't like it because I was one of those teams gaining extra picks, but as the commissioner, I think it is more fair and lightens my work load a little. So when do you guys allow trading to begin again after the trade deadline?
xclusive1987
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 88)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: When to allow trades again?

Postby xclusive1987 » Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:44 pm

Any opinions are welcomed. Just curious as to when other leagues are allowed to resume trading after their deadline.
xclusive1987
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby jfarrell24 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:30 am

I think it is fair to have an "off-season" when trades are not allowed. I think teams should be given a chance to trade their keepers though. If I drafted well and have 4 great keepers I should not be punished by not being allowed to get some value for these guys by trading them. Maybe open up trades a few weeks (2-4) before keepers are due.

Hopefully that made sense. Thanks for the help with mine
jfarrell24
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 35)

Postby xclusive1987 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:32 am

jfarrell24 wrote:I think it is fair to have an "off-season" when trades are not allowed. I think teams should be given a chance to trade their keepers though. If I drafted well and have 4 great keepers I should not be punished by not being allowed to get some value for these guys by trading them. Maybe open up trades a few weeks (2-4) before keepers are due.

Hopefully that made sense. Thanks for the help with mine

That is a great idea, I might end up doing that. Thanks!
xclusive1987
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby hitnrun0264 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 9:50 pm

I am also in a 3 keeper league that had the same problem. Now we only allow trades between our keeper announcement date and the draft.

That only gives us about 3 weeks to trade only your 3 keepers.

jfarrell24 wrote:If I drafted well and have 4 great keepers I should not be punished by not being allowed to get some value for these guys by trading them.

I understand where your coming from jfarrell24, but it kind of stacks a couple of teams. Maybe if you put a limit on what you can get for your 4th player. Make it so you can only get a 2nd round pick or less.
hitnrun0264
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 31)

Return to Commissioner's Corner