Rate... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate...

Postby 000Chet » Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:14 pm

10 team league. 4 points per passing TD, 25 passing yds per point. Everything else is pretty much standard. Also, it's NOT a PPR league.

QB: Matt Stafford
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Darren McFadden, Chris Ivory, Ryan Mathews, Giovani Bernard
WR: A.J. Green, Danny Amendola, Miles Austin, Tavon Austin, T.Y. Hilton, Greg Jennings
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: Greg Zuerlein
Defense: Browns
000Chet
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate...

Postby 000Chet » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:06 am

Bump
000Chet
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby inforaGIANTdisaster » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:56 pm

000Chet wrote:10 team league. 4 points per passing TD, 25 passing yds per point. Everything else is pretty much standard. Also, it's NOT a PPR league.

QB: Matt Stafford
RB: Marshawn Lynch, Darren McFadden, Chris Ivory, Ryan Mathews, Giovani Bernard
WR: A.J. Green, Danny Amendola, Miles Austin, Tavon Austin, T.Y. Hilton, Greg Jennings
TE: Jimmy Graham
K: Greg Zuerlein
Defense: Browns

I'll just go down the list.
In a 10 team league, Stafford isn't ideal. He's definitely at the low end of your fellow leaguemates probably. But he has terrific upside based on his numbers 2 years ago. If Detroit can get a solid running game going to balance Megatron and maybe another WR to step up opposite him, he could have another solid year.
At RB, Lynch is a stud obviously and should put up star numbers. Yeah Percy will take away some thunder I anticipate, but Lynch should get a solid amount of scores and 1000+ yards. At RB2, you have to hope one of those guys will step up. You've got good depth, but none stick out as a clear great RB2 because McFaddy can't stay healthy for 16 games, though he has top 10 potential, and now is on an even shittier team without Palmer, Ivory has never had the opportunity to be a lead back and could crumble also on a shitty team though he has those huge 20+ yard runs so there is potential, Mathews has been a bust for years honestly between health and just being on a bad offense with the Chargers, and Bernard could eventually get the start if BGE doesn't perform but not likely. Chances are, between the bunch of em you should get a solid start each week.
At WR, you have a similar situation to your RBs, but much better. Again, a stud at WR1 with Green. I don't anticipate his numbers faltering much from last year, if at all. You have a lot of star potential at WR2 and Flex in my opinion. Amendola could be the guy for Brady. I think 77% of Brady's passes went to Welker in the past few years I read somewhere. And the guy with the most yards on the Pats that is still there this year (not counting the unhealthy Gronk) is Shane Veeren. So there is a hole in the NE WR corp. And we all know Brady will use whoever he has to put up stellar numbers, so Amendola has huge potential to be that guy. Not super high on Miles Austin, but he usually puts up consistently decent numbers. Tavon has huge deep threat potential and a candidate for RoY in my opinion. Hilton and Jennings are nothing to laugh at either and will both put up great numbers. You have such depth at WR. Honestly you might consider packaging a decent WR (not Green or Amendola) with one of those RB2s for an upgrade at RB to go with Lynch if you're in a league where trades are actually possible.
And you have the best TE who is practically another WR1.

I'd give it a 4/5 and say you have a strong team for sure. Between the low-end QB and RB2 slot, those are your weaknesses for sure. If you could upgrade at RB2 at all with a package like I said (Look at solid guys like a Gore, CJ2K, Ridley or MJD or maybe even a guy with potential like Murray or a rookie RB), you'd easily have a shot at the Championship.

Check out mine if you have a chance! Thanks!
inforaGIANTdisaster
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 14)

Postby duffoholic » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:21 am

Your strengths are obviously in your crazy WR depth and having the top TE.
RB's have a tonne of question marks. Ivory got hurt again today, DMC is a total liability with injury concerns and Mathews has been a fantasy nightmare for years. One the other side of things, I think you need an injury to the Lawfirm in order for Bernard to see truly significant action. HOWEVER, if one of your backs can stay healthy all season you should be fine, or even great, at RB and with 5 WR3s with 3 or 4 of them having WR2 or even WR1 potential you should have plenty of trade bait to package with a back like Bernard or Ivory to get an upgrade at the position later in the season.
Stafford is okay. His floor isn't going to be any lower than last season, and the ceiling has to be near top 5 at the position.

All in all, I would be pretty happy with this squad.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Return to Roster Ratings