Critique my weak squad. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Critique my weak squad.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Critique my weak squad.

Postby dgreen626 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:10 pm

i think i messed up selecting a QB too early and I probably should've waited for a TE also to get another RB.

Anyway, thoughts?

QB: Matt Ryan

WR: D.Thomas
WR: R.Cobb

RB: ADP
RB: DMac

Fx: A.Bradshaw

TE: D.Pitta

DEF: Pats

K: Pats kicker

Bench:
WR: C.Shorts
WR: L.Moore
RB: G.Bernard
TE: J.Cook
RB: D.Richardson
RB: I.Pead

(i will drop one of these Rams RB once one is named starter).
dgreen626
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: Critique my weak squad.

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:16 pm

I don't think your team is all that bad, though there's a caveat or two here, depending on: how many teams, what round were your guys taken, and what's your scoring system?

I feel Matt Ryan will be at least the #3 QB this year, with a significant dropoff to the #4 QB.

You've got the #1 RB, and some quality backups for #2, even if there are some injury questions (DMC, Bradshaw) I wouldn't be surprised to see Bernard starting midway through the season. Pead/Richardson may be a draw, IMO, I like Stacy to step in at some point this year.

WR is probably your weakest link, but not too bad. Thomas should be great, Cobb's my question mark, and I'm not a fan of Shorts or Moore. However, this group will put up decent, if not spectacular, numbers for you.

Good luck!
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 443)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bradleyk » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:12 pm

As a Rams fan, I don't think that our RB situation will be that straightforward. Richardson is going to be the CJ Spiller to either Stacy's or Pead's Fred Jackson. With the other one getting carries. And it sounds like he honestly wants to get Gannaway involved, too. I love the Rams, but I'm not really banking on any of them actually getting 50%+ of the carries. Richardson appears to be the only one guaranteed carries.
bradleyk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 122)

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:21 pm

bradleyk wrote:As a Rams fan, I don't think that our RB situation will be that straightforward. Richardson is going to be the CJ Spiller to either Stacy's or Pead's Fred Jackson. With the other one getting carries. And it sounds like he honestly wants to get Gannaway involved, too. I love the Rams, but I'm not really banking on any of them actually getting 50%+ of the carries. Richardson appears to be the only one guaranteed carries.

Thanks for this insight!
;-D

In my dynasty draft, I've got the 9th pick, and I've been eying Stacy for that, do you think that's a good idea? The draft isn't until probably Labor Day weekend.

PS - sorry to go off topic here...dgreen626, any more info on your league?
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 443)

Return to Roster Ratings