12 team non PPR mocks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

12 team non PPR mocks

Moderator: Football Moderators

12 team non PPR mocks

Postby taw856 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:00 pm

Getting ready for a pair of drafts next week (one in a 2 RB-2 WR-FLEX league, one in a 2 RB-3 WR league, both non PPR) where I won't know what spot I pick from until 1 hour before, so trying to get a few mocks in from different positions in both styles of league. Thoughts? Good picks/bad picks?

TEAM ONE (7th pick)
QB D. Brees (2.06)
RB C. Spiller (1.07)
RB D. Wilson (3.07)
WR H. Nicks (5.07)
WR E. Decker (6.06)
FLEX D. McFadden (4.06)
TE A. Gates (10.06)
K G. Hartley (16.06)
DST Giants (15.07)
BN S. Johnson (7.07)
BN A. Brown (8.06)
BN J. Maclin (9.07)
BN D. Woodhead (11.07)
BN M. Bush (12.06)
BN A. Dobson (13.07)
BN L. James (14.06)

TEAM TWO (9th pick)
QB R. Wilson (7.09)
RB D. Wilson (4.04)
RB D. Sproles (5.09)
WR C. Johnson (1.09)
WR A. Green (2.04)
WR V. Jackson (3.09)
TE B. Pettigrew (11.09)
K M. Prater (13.09)
DST Buccaneers (14.04)
BN R. Mathews (6.04)
BN B. Pierce (9.09)
BN D. Woodhead (10.04)
BN G. Jennings (8.04)
BN A. Dobson (12.04)

TEAM THREE (4th pick)
QB E. Manning (8.09)
RB A. Foster (1.04)
RB D. Sproles (4.09)
WR B. Marshall (2.09)
WR H. Nicks (5.04)
WR M. Wallace (6.09)
TE J. Graham (3.04)
K M. Prater (13.04)
DST Broncos (11.04)
BN B. Roethlisberger (12.09)
BN E. Lacy (7.04)
BN R. Hillman (10.09)
BN L. Moore (9.04)
BN B. Hartline (14.09)

TEAM FOUR (11th pick)
QB A. Rodgers (2.02)
RB E. Lacy (5.02)
RB A. Bradshaw (6.02)
WR C. Johnson (1.11)
WR A. Johnson (3.11)
WR L. Fitzgerald (4.02)
TE A. Gates (9.11)
K G. Zuerlein (15.11)
DST Giants (16.02)
BN G. Bernard (7.11)
BN J. Stewart (10.02)
BN M. Bush (11.11)
BN J. Rodgers (12.02)
BN L. James (14.02)
BN S. Johnson (8.02)
BN Packers (13.11)
Last edited by taw856 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
A. Rodgers outscores D. Brees in ESPN standard scoring by 40+.
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
M. Lynch=not a Top 10 RB.
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 183)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 12 team non PPR mocks

Postby bradleyk » Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:48 pm

That was incredibly ballsy to start team 2 like you did. WR-WR-WR is pretty intense. But I think it worked out for you. Sproles is consistent as they come and Wilson is good. I can't say I like Ryan Matthew much, but you aren't starting him at least.

I know to each their own and I'm low on the guy, but starting Eli Manning makes me uncomfortable. You never know when he's going to tank any given week. I would think Romo or Luck would still be available then, right? If not, then it might be wise to take Luck instead of Lacy, and maybe hold off a little on the RB. But that's me giving a knee jerk reaction from a bad season I had before.

I like the two Nicks picks. I think he's due for a bounce back year, too. Nice sleeper pickup with Dobson, too. I like most of your WR picks really well.
bradleyk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 111)

Postby 11stever11 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:52 pm

Thank you for your help on mine.
Team 1
This would be a competitive team. The team's success will come down to how many games Nicks and McFadden could stay healthy for. I really like your WR depth here especially. While his upside is limited, Steve Johnson is a consistent WR3. Brown has the upside to put up WR2 numbers, so he is a player you can have in your flex spot. Maclin would have been a high-end WR3 if he did get injured today. I think Brees will be a top 2 QB once again this season, but I would suggest waiting on a QB this season because the position is deep. I would rather have Wilson and Green then Brees and Johnson; however, that comes down to personal preference. I like the picks of Woodhead and Dobson.

Team 2
Interesting approach to this team. Going with 3 WRs in a row is certainly a risk. I would try to grab a RB early since that position is not deep. Wilson has the upside to put up high-end RB2 numbers, but he could also put up RB3 numbers if he struggles. Andre Brown caps his upside. In non-PPR, Sproles loses quite a bit of value. I see him as a high-end RB3. I really like the Russell Wilson pick at 7.09. Your starting WRs are outstanding. You have two top-five WRs combined with a top-ten WR in VJax. Greg Jennings will be a nice piece on your bench. I am not a fan of Ryan Mathews, but he does have some upside. Once again, I like Woodhead and Dobson on this squad. This would be a playoff team.

Team 3
What really stands out to me is Jimmy Graham at the 3.04 spot. He is a second-round player, so in my opinion, that is fantastic value. That gives you a rather large positional advantage. I also like the Marshall selection. He should put up a top 5 season. I would try to get a QB with more upside then Eli Manning and Big Ben. That committee should put up slightly below average QB1 numbers. Nicks is a nice pick at 5.04. I am not a big fan of selecting Eddie Lacy in the 7th round, but he does provide decent upside. I think Franklin will take some touches away from him. Also, Green Bay is a pass-first team. I see this as a playoff team.

Team 4
I would wait on taking Rodgers. 2.02 is too high to me. I am also really nervous about Lacy and Bradshaw as your starting RBs. Your starting WRs are very solid. I am not a big fan of your depth at RB, but I am not as high on some of those players like Bernard as some are. I think this team would struggle to make the playoffs.

I would rank the teams.
Team 2
Team 1
Team 3
Team 4
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby wtr23 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:09 pm

Thanks for helping with mine ;-D

Lets see...

TEAM 1 - I like this one, but I think you reached on WR. I feel like Spiller is in for a big year, and you back that up with a QB thats a lock for top 3 performance. I'm surprised Wilson made it to you that late in the 3rd, but I like the pick if you have the handcuff (is that Andre or Antonio on the bench? In the 8th I'll assume Andre). I would have taken a WR in the fourth over DMC... as much as I like him, he's not guaranteeing you a full season (and as shown last year, not even start worthy numbers at times). I like him in the flex slot, but you know you're gonna need a back up plan for when he goes down.

I like having at least one WR1 to lean on throughout the season, I like Nicks but not at WR1. Decker had his share of big games last year, but I'd rather pass on him with DThomas and Welker to compete with. Obviously Maclin is out for the year, that hurts even more. I'd feel more comfortable with Johnson in PPR, but he could be a serviceable flex play. He's a high end WR3 to low end WR2 option in my opinion.

TEAM 2 - GUTS. As a guy who tends to draft WR heavy I love those receivers, but it's going to cost you here. Here you have Wilson again, minus the handcuff. I'm not as confident owning Wilson without Brown, I feel like there will be a split in carries and Coughlin likes to play the hot hand. In a non PPR I can't justify Sproles at RB2, I'd consider him at flex but he's basically a receiver in the backfield. I haven't given up on Mathews yet, but I've demoted him from starting duties if I draft him, he's a bye week fill in.

Wilson in the seventh is good value, nice pick. Seeing as you were already stacked at WR I would have gone TE in the 8th rather than take Pettigrew late. He's slowly on the decline and he's another player I'd relegate to back up duties.

TEAM 3 - I don't usually stream QBs but I like the Eli/Ben duo. Again, in non PPR I'm not relying on Sproles as my RB2, but your depth everywhere else makes up for it. Graham in the third is a bargain, I doubt he lasts that long on draft day. If I had to pick, this is my contender.

TEAM 4 - Again, I like this one from a WR standpoint, but again this hurts your options at running back. Lacy is unproven, Bradshaw is fragile. I don't want anything to do with these two in my starting lineup beyond the flex. Jstew and Gio are unknowns... when will Gio win the starting job? Will it even be this season? What to do with DeAngelo in Carolina? I'd be nervous to roll with that crew. At TE Gates should be OK at best. He's not going to dazzle anyone but he's a big physical target that Rivers looks for in the redzone often.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Return to Roster Ratings