Rate my team (12 team PPR)[MOCK] - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

Rate my team (12 team PPR)[MOCK]

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rate my team (12 team PPR)[MOCK]

Postby wtr23 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:57 pm

QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, K, DST

QB- Brees, Bradford
WR- DThomas, TSmith, MWilliams, DMoore, Dobson
RB- Martin, Sproles, DRich, Woodhead
TE- Witten, Housler
K- Sea Bass
DST- CIN
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate my team (12 team PPR)[MOCK]

Postby murphysxm » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:04 pm

You went early on QB, so you had to "reach" at WR and RB depth. Not sure why you took a back up QB and TE, I think you have to load up on RB/WR fliers when you take a QB and TE early. Just my two cents
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby taw856 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:39 pm

murphysxm wrote:You went early on QB, so you had to "reach" at WR and RB depth. Not sure why you took a back up QB and TE, I think you have to load up on RB/WR fliers when you take a QB and TE early. Just my two cents

This is spot on. I like Brees in the second round, assuming Martin was your first rounder, and while I don't draft Cowboys ( ;-D ) I also think Witten is the most likely guy to challenge Graham for top dawg among a weak field of TEs. I'm even on board with all of your WRs: I think T. Smith is a better WR3 than WR2, but I like your group overall. So I actually like the thinking here, I just agree with murphysxm that once you went the direction of Brees and Witten early, some more depth at RB would have rounded out your roster better. One injury to Martin or Sproles and you're praying DRich wins the job in StL and/or Woodhead gets significant touches as the change of pace back in SD.

Mine: viewtopic.php?t=534688
BOLD PICKS FOR 2013
A. Rodgers outscores D. Brees in ESPN standard scoring by 40+.
D. McFadden plays 16 games (but ineffectively for someone whose only problem we always assumed was health).
M. Lynch=not a Top 10 RB.
V. Cruz=Top 7 WR.
G. Tate=Top 36 WR.
taw856
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 183)

Postby wtr23 » Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:21 pm

Thanks guys.

I agree with what you're saying Murph, it was just too hard to pass up those two at the postion I got them. Here's the draft order in case that helps...

Martin (1.03)
Brees (2.09)
DThomas (3.03)
Witten (4.09)
Sproles (5.03)
TSmith (6.09)
MWilliams (7.03)
DRich (8.09)
DMoore (9.03)
CIN (10.09)
Woodhead (11.03)
Sea bass (12.09)
Dobson (13.03)
Bradford (14.09)
Housler (15.03)
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Postby bradleyk » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:49 pm

taw856 wrote:
murphysxm wrote:You went early on QB, so you had to "reach" at WR and RB depth. Not sure why you took a back up QB and TE, I think you have to load up on RB/WR fliers when you take a QB and TE early. Just my two cents

This is spot on. I like Brees in the second round, assuming Martin was your first rounder, and while I don't draft Cowboys ( ;-D ) I also think Witten is the most likely guy to challenge Graham for top dawg among a weak field of TEs. I'm even on board with all of your WRs: I think T. Smith is a better WR3 than WR2, but I like your group overall. So I actually like the thinking here, I just agree with murphysxm that once you went the direction of Brees and Witten early, some more depth at RB would have rounded out your roster better. One injury to Martin or Sproles and you're praying DRich wins the job in StL and/or Woodhead gets significant touches as the change of pace back in SD.

Mine: viewtopic.php?t=534688

I know posting that "oh, that's a good answer" or "ditto" is bad form, but this answer deserves it, I think. Randle or someone else might have been better than Housler. I'm a huge Rams fan (wearing a Bradford jersey right now, matter of fact) but I don't think you need a backup QB if you have Drew Brees.
bradleyk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 111)

Return to Roster Ratings