Arian Foster - calf injury

Moderator: Football Moderators

Arian Foster - calf injury

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:51 pm

Doesn't sound serious at this point, def something he doesn't want to aggravate

Arian Foster won’t rush return from calf injury
Posted on July 27, 2013 at 11:07 am
by Tania Ganguli

Running back Arian Foster doesn’t have a timeline for the calf strain that landed him on the physically unable to perform list. One thing he knows, though, is that it’s not a good idea to rush an injury like this.

“You can’t play through it,” Foster said. “It’s not like you’re playing through a broken collarbone. I’ve played through a lot of things (but), this is just something you can’t. There’s no reason to right now.

“I’m just going to take my time. When I feel 100 percent confident, I’ll be back. It’s just got some light soreness in there. I can do pretty much everything. We’re just going to take it day by day.”
rian Foster won’t rush return from calf injury

Foster can be taken off active/PUP at any time. If he’s on it after second cuts, he will have to stay on it for the first six weeks of the regular season. Nobody at Texans camp is expecting this to go that far, though.

He suffered the calf strain during organized team activities and spent the rest of the offseason rehabbing.

“I just want to help out my team and be the best me I can be for my squad,” Foster said. “So that’s what I’ve been working toward. I put in so much work I didn’t even take a vacation this year. I took one. For four days.”

http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/20 ... lf-injury/
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Arian Foster - calf injury

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:20 pm

Kubiak believes Foster will be ready for Texans’ season-opener
Posted on August 19, 2013 at 2:59 pm by Brian T. Smith

Despite Arian Foster missing another tentative target date, head coach Gary Kubiak said Monday he believes the team’s star running back will be ready for the Sept. 9 season-opener at San Diego.

“I am, because I watch him work,” Kubiak said at the Texans’ practice facility. “I’ve been watching him — he’s basically going through practice or has been since we’ve been in camp on his own with (head trainer) Geoff (Kaplan). And, obviously, there’s been a little setback as we try to get the soreness out of him. But from what I’ve seen, yes, because it’s not like he’s been standing around for the last three weeks.”

Kubiak said that if he had an official date for Foster’s return, “I’d give it you.”

The team was hopeful the three-time Pro Bowler would return to full practice Monday. Instead, Foster remained on the PUP list, working out on a side field, then watching as the Texans ran through light drills.

“(Monday) was my date and that one didn’t work,” Kubiak said. “So we’ll just have some patience here.”

Ben Tate will initially replace Foster as the Texans’ primary back until the 2010 All-Pro is greenlighted. Tate said Foster would be taking real snaps if he could and is simply waiting for positive news.

con't...

more: http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/20 ... on-opener/
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby tclangham » Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:37 pm

Foster (back) will not carry a full workload in Week 1 against San Diego because he did not play in any preseason games, according to John McClain of the Houston Chronicle.

Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said Foster won't be a "30-carry guy" when Houston kicks off the regular season in San Diego. This means more work for Ben Tate.

Ben Tate might be a week 1 RB2/Flex start
10 Team $ Keeper League - Jockey Full of Tim Tebow - (5-4)
QB - 2RB - 1Flex - 2WR - TE - D/ST - K

QB- Luck
RB - Alf, L. Bell, Jackson
WR - Marshall, Allen
TE - Gates
D/ST - Dolphins
K - Vinatieri

Fantasy Football Cafe - Survivalist League - tclangham
tclangham
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 29)

Postby FireGoodell » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:07 pm

People passing on Foster in favor of guys like Richardson, Rice etc. are going to regret it. I had 6 drafts this year. I just happen to end up with the 6 spot in 4 of those and took Foster 3 times. Yes he's been a little dinged up but the Texans are just being very cautious with him, the same as the Vikings would be with Adrian Peterson or the Chiefs would be with Jamaal Charles etc. Why put a guy out there that's a little dinged up that could lead to a real injury in meaningless games. Plus Foster even said himself he's "not a fan of preseason" lol.. that should tell you something. He's not exactly begging to get out there anyway, he'd much rather not even play in the preseason and be fresh for the opener. When the games start to count Foster is going to start and he's gong to be a stud. I'm no injury expert but Stephania Bell is (the injury expert for ESPN fantasy football), and she even said at this point Foster is no more of an injury risk than any other top RB. Personally I'm trusting both my instinct and trusting the person with the medical degrees that Foster is going to be fine week 1.
FireGoodell
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:32 pm

I'm more bullish on Foster over the last week or so as well, but I can't really blame those who are risk averse and going with guys like Doug Martin, Ray Rice, or LeSean McCoy (way underrated on some sites). My concern with Foster isn't so much the current injury as it is the immense workload over the last 3 seasons. Couple that with the fact that the Texans seem to be content to ease him in to game action early and you have a guy who might stumble a little bit out of the gate.

There is reason enough to go with the reliability of Ray Rice who was still very good last year even when Pierce emerged. He doesn't have Foster's TD upside, but he's probably my pick of the above. McCoy was a consensus top 5 pick last year and is still only barely 25 yrs old. Not much to dislike about Martin other than the fact that we've only seen it once, but these guys are true 3 down backs who don't really have any pressing injury concerns at the moment nor do they have the high mileage Foster has.

On the other hand Spiller (potentially horrible offense, new blocking scheme) and Richardson (various nagging injuries, hard fade down the stretch last year) have their own warts and I wouldn't want either of them over Foster.

I'd probably also take Foster over Charles, but that's more personal preference.

I have Tate as a decent flex play (borderline top 25-30ish among RBs) in the late Monday night game @SD and possibly beyond depending on Foster's progression, but I definitely expect some sort of timeshare at least for a week or 2.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk