10 teams, PPR deep bench - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10 teams, PPR deep bench

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 teams, PPR deep bench

Postby bradleyk » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:44 pm

QB Matt Ryan (One of the best offenses and worst defenses in the league. I want in).
RB Ray Rice (Makes sense in PPR)
RB Darren Sproles (Another PPR-centric pick)
WR Brandon Marshall (I picked him over AJ Green, which I now regret, but I think he's good.)
WR Julio Jones (Picked him over D Thomas. Not sure about this one yet.)
TE Jared Cook (Flaming Rams fan. Can't help it.)
FLEX Torry Smith (The clear number one target in Baltimore now.)
DEF Rams (See: Cook)
K Greg Zuerline (See: Cook)

B RG3 (He was sliding. I couldn't help it. He's trade fodder at worst.)
B Gio Bernard (I like him. He's better than the law firm, he just is the backup for now)
B Kenny Britt (I love the high risk/reward young WRs if I already have a few good men in the position)
B Isaiah Pead (I didn't like anyone avaliable, I needed another RB, and then the whole Rams thing.)
B Josh Gordon (See: Britt)
B Ronnie Hillman (He's taking first team reps. 12th round is pretty great for him.)
B Joseph Randle (As a Sooners fan, I know Murray is made of glass. Here's a late round flyer who could end up starting.)
B Latavius Murray (I took a few classes with him in college, and I like the guy. I wanted to draft my friend.)
B Jarrett Boykin (A really deep sleeper who I believe in.)

My notes is that I'm a little thin at RB behind the starters, which is always a problem for me, and maybe I shouldn't have drafted a backup QB for Matt Ryan at all, and especially not that early. I'm thinking I might be a cusp of the playoffs team. Any thought from anyone else?
bradleyk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 111)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10 teams, PPR deep bench

Postby T-Lo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:26 pm

Solid team all around except TE could be a toss-up, I like Cook but who knows if he'll be utilized right.

Solid RB, if you had picked up Green instead of Marshall, I would be raving more about the team. Even then you can't hate on the WR set you have at all. Britt, I'm not sold on him doing good at all, so you better hope that he does well and that Gordon doesn't screw up again and get suspended for a year, lol.

I think you got some great potential in the rookie RBs you picked up. Not the biggest fan of your WR bench though. I own Britt/Gordon myself in one league but Britt is my No 5 WR and Gordon is 6 or 7 I think. Looking over your roster you go much heavier on RB than I do.

I'd say very solid. Definitely a potential contender but I don't see Rice or Sproles being top backs, though they'll put up solid numbers. Rice is going in the first but I value him as one of the later backs. So I disagree with what you said a little. Your bench RB may not be starters but most of them likely will be by the end of the season, if not sharing a solid workload. I expect Gio to take over for the Bengals.

I'd shop RGIII if he looks good in preseason. No need to have that caliber of a QB on your bench just to wait for byes, use him to trade while you can or hope someone needs an injury replacement for QB midseason.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 68)

Postby bradleyk » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:36 pm

I'd like to think Cook is about to get it all together. And the Rams are going 14-2 and winning the Super Bowl. All in all, I probably should have gone with Pettigrew since PPR and all.

People talked about Rice's "let-down" season last year. Which was still 60+ receptions, 1600 yards from scrimmage, and double digit TDs. I think they're reliable. Of course, I could be wrong.

RG3 isn't playing the preseason, but your point still stands. I'll try to shop him for a high octane RB. Right? Or should I worry about WR depth instead?
bradleyk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby inforaGIANTdisaster » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:28 am

bradleyk wrote:QB Matt Ryan (One of the best offenses and worst defenses in the league. I want in).
RB Ray Rice (Makes sense in PPR)
RB Darren Sproles (Another PPR-centric pick)
WR Brandon Marshall (I picked him over AJ Green, which I now regret, but I think he's good.)
WR Julio Jones (Picked him over D Thomas. Not sure about this one yet.)
TE Jared Cook (Flaming Rams fan. Can't help it.)
FLEX Torry Smith (The clear number one target in Baltimore now.)
DEF Rams (See: Cook)
K Greg Zuerline (See: Cook)

B RG3 (He was sliding. I couldn't help it. He's trade fodder at worst.)
B Gio Bernard (I like him. He's better than the law firm, he just is the backup for now)
B Kenny Britt (I love the high risk/reward young WRs if I already have a few good men in the position)
B Isaiah Pead (I didn't like anyone avaliable, I needed another RB, and then the whole Rams thing.)
B Josh Gordon (See: Britt)
B Ronnie Hillman (He's taking first team reps. 12th round is pretty great for him.)
B Joseph Randle (As a Sooners fan, I know Murray is made of glass. Here's a late round flyer who could end up starting.)
B Latavius Murray (I took a few classes with him in college, and I like the guy. I wanted to draft my friend.)
B Jarrett Boykin (A really deep sleeper who I believe in.)

My notes is that I'm a little thin at RB behind the starters, which is always a problem for me, and maybe I shouldn't have drafted a backup QB for Matt Ryan at all, and especially not that early. I'm thinking I might be a cusp of the playoffs team. Any thought from anyone else?

Know that I'm not a huge PPR guy (though I know my stuff pretty decently all-around):

Ray Rice is a solid pick in PPR, though I hope you didn't take him over Doug Martin. I don't understand the concerns with this guy. Why does he fall in some drafts? He is consistently one of the best fantasy players for years now with tons of touches, yards, TDs, and receptions. Pierce won't be an issue.

Sproles is a border-line top 10 RB in a PPR league since that's all he's good at. I hate NO running backs, but for PPR he's fantastic. I read somewhere he's had double digit point totals in something like 18 of 28 games with the Saints and averages like 6 receptions a game. Ridiculous. So you're set at starting RB.

Green definitely would have been better at WR in a PPR league, but Marshall is still a top tier WR and nothing to turn your nose up at.

Roddy and Julio are both better picks than Demaryius in PPR this year. Peyton likes to spread the ball, but now he has weapons in Welker, DThom and Decker. I like the pick.

QB situation: Odd for sure. Ryan is predicted to be like the 6th ranked Qback if I remember and RG3 is 10th maybe. RG3 could also put up number 1 fantasy numbers. So if he was slipping, it was potentially a good grab. You can play the matchups with them.

RB Depth: Slim pickings as it will be for everyone. But this is really slim. Pray for no injury. Gio is a good PPR pick actually and Pead will likely start and has the potential to follow Sjax's wake with a balanced pass game (Givens, Tavon, Cook). I see potential, but I see a lack of depth.

WR depth: Not a huge Torrey smith fan. Probably because I think Flacco is overblown. But now that Smith is the number 1, his route running might go from big play potential to normal production. But Torrey is on a Ravens team that is known for running the ball and working for every single yard. I don't like him in PPR or at all really. Tough flex play. Britt is a injury-suspension devil tease, but I like the Gordon pick though he's a suspension guy too with an awful awful QB situation as well. Tough WRs in a PPR league.

TE, DEF, K: Wow, number 1 rule of fantasy! Keep personal alignments out of it! But Cook has potential -though they say that every year of his career-, the Rams D is...up and coming or so they tell me (we'll see -__-) and Kicker is kicker.

Overall: Great core with the RB1-2s and WR1-2s. Great QB situation though should have gone with either RB or better WR depth instead of an early backup. If your core stays healthy you're a playoff team for sure, though not a top team I'd imagine. Your depth is missing out (though your super deep players are likable I must say..I'm looking at you Joseph Randle).
inforaGIANTdisaster
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 14)

Postby inforaGIANTdisaster » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:31 am

bradleyk wrote:I'd like to think Cook is about to get it all together. And the Rams are going 14-2 and winning the Super Bowl. All in all, I probably should have gone with Pettigrew since PPR and all.

People talked about Rice's "let-down" season last year. Which was still 60+ receptions, 1600 yards from scrimmage, and double digit TDs. I think they're reliable. Of course, I could be wrong.

RG3 isn't playing the preseason, but your point still stands. I'll try to shop him for a high octane RB. Right? Or should I worry about WR depth instead?

You're a bit high on the Rams just because of their division, but I do think they're the most underrated team this year (along with the Chiefs).

YES exactly what I was talking about with Rice.

I'd look for a RB3 that you could use in the flex. Your WR depth has potential at least, but your RB depth doesn't exist. Your flex looks bleak at the moment.

Also, you went (go) to UCF?
inforaGIANTdisaster
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 14)

Postby bradleyk » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:02 pm

I didn't take him before Martin. It was AP--Foster--Lynch (poor kid wanted Martin and couldn't get his computer to work)--Martin--Rice. I like J Charles, but I'd rather take the sure thing than the guy who could lead the league and could get hurt.

Live and learn. Next time, if Green's free, I'll take him instead. Thanks for the advice about Thomas. I'll keep that in mind. I think it's funny that in ESPN standard + PPR rules, Thomas was 6th last year, Welker 7th, and Decker 8th. No way that that's repeatable, lol.

T Smith was 30th last year for WRs in my format, and I thought that the departure of Rice and injury of Pitta could bump him up. It could also do the opposite. What do you think?

Rams D plays Cardinals week 1 and I like to stream defenses usually. You're dead on about Cook. Kickers are kickers.

And yep, I'm about to be a senior at UCF. You said in the other threat you live in Jax, right? Do you go to UNF?
bradleyk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Roster Ratings