Pierre Garcon
Chris Givens
RamMan2291
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rate My Roster Please!

Postby RamMan2291 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:12 am

Updated:
Actually Dropped Freeman for Sidney Rice (felt like a good pickup with Harvin going down)
RamMan2291

Postby bradleyk » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:10 pm

We need to know a few things, like is it PPR or not, how many teams, and more.

I take it that this was auction, right? Because no one should ever be allowed to have Charles and Martin both. Both of your starting RBs have a legit chance in leading the position in scoring. Now here's the catch about your RBs: if Charles or Martin go down (and Charles is a small guy who has a decent chance of it) then you are royally messed up. We're both Rams fans. You know as well as I do that the Rams are going to have a 3 way platoon, and no one is getting a ton of carries. Mendenhall may be an injury risk, and almost no one will be able to run behind that Arizona O-line. If something bad happens to either of your RBs, you are in serious trouble.

This brings me to QBs. Manning is good. For my dollar, he'll probably end up 4th in the position. He might be a slight injury risk, but he never runs so he probably isn't. Bradford or Freeman are good backups, but you definitely didn't need a second backup. A lot of people won't even take a regular backup if there's only a bench of 6. It would have been much, much better for you to take a mid level RB like Gio Bernard rather than yet another QB.

WR for you is tricky. Fitzgerald is coming off a terrible season, and everyone is acting like Palmer will fix all woes. You remember that game last year where we sacked their QB 9 times? And remember the game where the Niners sacked him 9 times? Ya, I don't think anyone is going to do well behind that line. Palmer may not fix it. If he does, Fitz probably will be top 10. DeSean jackson is basically the only option in Philly now, and we have no clue who will be QB. Chip Kelly might fix everything and Jackson could finish top 10. Or he could get double covered every week and do worse than last year. Boldin could take off in SF, being the most reliable target. Or their passing game could go to hell entirely. Garcon will be good, if he doesn't get injured, which I wouldn't count on. Givens right now, I think, might be the 4th target for the Rams. He could bust some big plays, or get lost in the shuffle. From top to bottom, your WR position is massive boom/bust that can go really hard in either direction.

Finley is physical, but he's never put together a season like people act like he can, if memory serves. I don't like the pick. But, if you drafted TE as late as I think you did, he might be the best left. See if Housler is free in your league. Personally, I'd rather have him.

DEF - Rams play Cards week 1. Play the Falcons week 2. Obviously, this is a great week defense. Be prepared to drop them for someone else.

Best of luck. Next time you draft, don't forget to get at least 1 reliable WR and get a little depth for RB. And don't get 3 QBs in a league with 6 bench spots.
bradleyk
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 111)

Postby RamMan2291 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:39 pm

Thanks for the advice. Surprisingly this was not an auction style draft believe it or not, ten team league. Took martin with my sixth pick and for some unknown reason there sets jamaal still there for my pick in the 2nd. I did flub a little by picking Freeman an Bradford. Therefore, I actually dropped freeman today and replaced him with Sidney Rice (Thought this was a similar situation the Desean moving up the food chain in Phili with Percy going down on Seattle). I know I probably use a better back on my bench with Mendenhall being a health risk an STL going to run with a committee there. Not sure of who I could pick up off of free agency that may be a good sleeper back to have in the arsenal though.
RamMan2291

Return to Roster Ratings