10 Team , Took a Risk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

10 Team , Took a Risk

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 Team , Took a Risk

Postby jkohls » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:15 pm

Hi,

Thanks for taking a look.

Had my draft tonight and I got the 10th pick. When it got to me most of the running backs were taken. Mccoy was still available but my original plan when drafting Johnson and Aj Green. Was to get either get MJD or if Graham fell I would be very strong at WR and TE but neither happened. I was also going after Reggie bush as well. He went 24th...... and then MJD was picked right before me as well as McFadden and Graham was gone as well. There wasn't allot of room to pick a RB with value still on the board so I took, White (Possible Trade bait or strong flex) and Ball with 29/30 How do you think I stack up with the RB I have, I thought it was a good idea but am I done this year? I feel The upside/ potential is there but its a reach. Do you think I should trade for bush? If so what trade would you offer/accept if you had him.

Again Thanks for your time.

10 Man Standard League

QB Matt Ryan

RB Montee Ball

RB Le'Veon Bell

WR Calvin Johnson

WR AJ Green

TE Greg Olson

Flex Roddy White

D 49ers

K Blair Walsh

Bench - Dwayne Bowe, Isaiah Pead, Anquan Boldin, Emmanuel Sanders, Alshon Jefferys, Dustin Keller, Ryan Tannehill
jkohls
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10 Team , Took a Risk

Postby Kirby » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:12 pm

Clearly, as I am sure you know, your Running Backs are you biggest issue. They could have a great season, or it could be a bust.
Other positions are solid. I would have opted for McCoy and CJ if it was me.
Kirby
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 68)

Re: 10 Team , Took a Risk

Postby inforaGIANTdisaster » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:32 pm

Honestly, if you had Mccoy instead of Green on this roster, it would look fantastic. But I understand your reasoning because Mccoy honestly could flop again and Green is an obvious talent.

You are stacked at WR. Besides the obvious top 2 WRs, you have Roddy who is top 10 and Bowe who has top 15 potential in my mind this year. Besides the Rams, I think the Chiefs could be the biggest surprise this year. Beyond that, you still drafted 3 more WRs instead of RB depth (Ben Tate anyone?) which I think you might regret. You have 2 rookies, one who could be in a time share with Hillman and is definitely in a time share with the lethal Denver passing game, and the other who is on a team that hasn't even been decent at running the ball since Bettis was there. And you're only backup is Pead who isn't even the listed starter at this point (though I have my hopes). You drafted a backup TE for some odd reason...and one who I don't even think highly of. Running back depth is going to be everyone's issue this year, but I think you could have used your later picks to bag running backs instead of so many WRs.

So yes, I'd definitely recommend a trade. I wouldn't target Bush to be honest. You have some options. You can afford to trade Megatron or AJ Green for a top tier RB honestly because you'll still be stacked at WR and then you're team will be very well rounded. Or you can trade Roddy to a team lacking WRs for a mid level RB, but I don't think Bush is worth Roddy straight up at all. More of a CJ2K, MJD, and lower range. But you definitely should trade one of those three for a top 20 RB.
inforaGIANTdisaster
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 14)

Return to Roster Ratings