8 man fantasy football auction league - suggestions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

8 man fantasy football auction league - suggestions

Moderator: Football Moderators

8 man fantasy football auction league - suggestions

Postby Zrab11 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:14 am

So here is alittle background. This is our 3rd year as a 8 man league(1st year snake, last year auction) . We are just a bunch of friends who all live in the same city. we take it serious but not too serious. All of us have only been doing fantasy football since like 2005 and we just like to have fun with it but all of us like to win. I am the commissioner and just looking to make the league alittle more competitive as I know a typical 8 man league is basically just starting all studs. And while it has been fun the last 3 years just looking to make it better for owners who put in the time.

Here are the league rules at this moment. Which is Pretty standard at the moment.
20$ league buy in
100$-1st place 60$-2nd place
8 man auction 200$budget
16 player roster, 9 starters 7 bench
1QB,2RB,2WR,FLEX(RB,WR),TE,K,DEF
Waiver wire is auction style with 100$ budget.

So what are your suggestions to make it better?
Start 2QB? 3 WR?

Looking for any and all suggestions to make the league better. And not looking for the response "add more owners" we want to keep it at 8 league owners.

So thanks in advance for any advice.
Zrab11
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: 8 man fantasy football auction league - suggestions

Postby dream_017 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:54 am

Zrab11 wrote:So here is alittle background. This is our 3rd year as a 8 man league(1st year snake, last year auction) . We are just a bunch of friends who all live in the same city. we take it serious but not too serious. All of us have only been doing fantasy football since like 2005 and we just like to have fun with it but all of us like to win. I am the commissioner and just looking to make the league alittle more competitive as I know a typical 8 man league is basically just starting all studs. And while it has been fun the last 3 years just looking to make it better for owners who put in the time.

Here are the league rules at this moment. Which is Pretty standard at the moment.
20$ league buy in
100$-1st place 60$-2nd place
8 man auction 200$budget
16 player roster, 9 starters 7 bench
1QB,2RB,2WR,FLEX(RB,WR),TE,K,DEF
Waiver wire is auction style with 100$ budget.

So what are your suggestions to make it better?
Start 2QB? 3 WR?

Looking for any and all suggestions to make the league better. And not looking for the response "add more owners" we want to keep it at 8 league owners.

So thanks in advance for any advice.

Welcome to the Cafe ;-D

Get more owners ;-) :-b Just kidding, my local long-time league is an 8-team league. A couple years ago we introduced keepers which was a nice change of pace and we have been making minor tweaks to get it right. I think the best options are to move towards a dynasty league and open up the rosters/starting positions.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Commissioner's Corner