Return to Football Talk

Rueben Randle

Moderator: Football Moderators

Rueben Randle

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:34 pm

Giants' receiver Rueben Randle emerging as offensive weapon in training camp
By Dave Hutchinson/The Star Ledger
on July 31, 2013 at 7:50 AM, updated July 31, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Second-year wide receiver Rueben Randle has posterized nearly the entire Giants starting secondary over the past two days. He’s not just making a statement early in training camp, he’s screaming from the mountaintop.

On Monday, Randle sprinted past safety Antrel Rolle and cornerback Corey Webster on a post pattern to make a dazzling over-the-shoulder grab at the goal line for a touchdown. Earlier, he snagged a bullet over the middle, wrestling the ball from Prince Amukamara.

Tuesday, the 6-2, 208-pound Randle outleaped Webster and Amukamara on a deep ball at the goal line for a score. It was easily the catch of the day, soliciting a roar of approval from the crowd.

"I’m not surprised," Randle said, benefitting from increased first-team reps with Hakeem Nicks being limited with a groin injury. "I always knew I was capable of doing it. It was just a matter of me getting an understanding of the offense so I can go out there and play fast and make more plays."

Randle, a second-round pick (63rd overall) out of LSU, has been a work in progress. He was slow to pick up the offense last season, which some attributed to a poor work ethic. But he finished strong, catching four passes for 58 yards and two touchdowns in a season-ending victory over Philadelphia.

With Victor Cruz locked in a contract stalemate and boycotting the offseason program and Nicks skipping organized team activity practices, Randle pounced on the opportunity. He was a standout in OTAs and minicamp. It has carried over to training camp.

con't...

more: http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013 ... _camp.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Rueben Randle

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:36 pm

You work hard and it pays off. Nicks didnt want to get hurt and sat out while he got in tons of practice. I think he might emerge as a #3 sleeper type pick if he keeps up the work and gets the opportunities. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Football Talk