10 Team 2 QB League Advice - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

10 Team 2 QB League Advice

Moderator: Football Moderators

10 Team 2 QB League Advice

Postby giants71 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:06 pm

First year doing 2 QB in years. Need some advice. I have 5th pick in the draft. Passing: 25 yds per point, 4 pts per td, -2 for int. .5 per reception, 10 yards receiving = 1 pt, 10 yds rushing = 1 pt. Also have a 2 point bonus at 200 yards rushing, 200 yards receiving, and 500 yards passing. 2 QBS/ 3 WR/ 2 RB/ 1 Flex / 1 TE / 1 K/ 1 DEF

As I said I have 5th pick and need some advice. Who do I take? Do I take Brees/Rodgers if they last to me? Thanks in advance.
giants71
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 10 Team 2 QB League Advice

Postby duffoholic » Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:19 pm

In a 2 QB league I think you have to try to get the best QB's possible. I have no problem with going QB in the first and again in the second or third. Two top QB's could mean 300 points over a guy who has two Bradford type guys. So, if you can get one of those guys, go for it! The whole draft should be spaced out a little bit for RBs since more QB's will move into the first and second rounds. I also like grabbing Charles with that pick and then taking Peyton, Cam or Brady in the second if they are available and grabbing a Ryan on the way back in the 3rd. If, that is, something like that were possible. Since it is your league's first year with 2QBs who knows how drafting will go.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby Delhomme17 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:50 pm

I'm assuming no PPR since you didn't mention it in your scoring breakdown. Things obviously change if it's a PPR league. I think you go with Spiller at #5 if he's available (best RB otherwise), then take the best available QB with your second pick. With your third pick, play off what the other teams do. If a lot of folks have used their first two or three picks on skill position players and there's still a top tier QB on the board, grab him. Having two top 10 QB's could win you the league.

If there's been a QB run, take the best available skill guy with your third/fourth/fifth/etc. pick. There's no point, IMO, in burning two early picks on QB's unless you can get two great, elite guys. Otherwise, pile up skill players and get a mid-tier QB later--Eli, Big Ben, Flacco, Vick (sneaky upside pick IMO), Romo, Rivers, Cutler, etc. will all be there late.
Delhomme17
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicResponse Team Leader
(Past Year: 509)

Postby Humdinger » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:17 am

You MUST go QB/QB at 5. If you wait until the 2nd round, your team will be absolute crap..... After that load up on RBs and WRs
Humdinger
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 14)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:41 am

bump elite QB ADP by 1-1.5 rounds, like Rodger at 2.05-3.01 = 1.05
2 QB doesn't increase the value of elite QB by much, it actually greatly increase the value or 2nd tier QB such as big ben, rivers, flacco...etc.
only 3 QB that's worth drafted in first are Rodger, Manning and Brees, but i still would go with AP, Foster before those three, and if i happen to drafted any of those QB in first round, i won't worry about QB until 4th rounds.

what some people do in 2QB league is over-value the importance of top QB and even M. Ryan got picked before D.Martin, that's why teams fail. I have seem team with Brady/Brees in 2QB league that can't even get into playoff because all other position sucked, plus last year's RBs wasn't that resourceful to begin with.

QB heavy league (6pt passing td+PPC) and 2QBs league (4 pt passing td) are quite different, QB heavy increase the value of top 10 QB, and 2QBs increase the value of rank 10-20 QBs
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Postby giants71 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:03 pm

I'm starting to think that the draft is going to play out like this:
1) AP
2) Rodgers
3) Doug Martin
4) Brees

At 5 do I go Arian, Charles or Spiller? Should I try to trade down or up? We can swap picks prior to draft
giants71
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby giants71 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:43 am

Can use some help. The top 4 gone will be AP, Doug, Arian, Rodgers. I pick 5, draft tomorrow. Do I go Charles or Brees? 10 team league. 4 pts for passing td, -1.5 for int, and .5 per reception thanks everyone
giants71
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Chaoyi Shih » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:11 am

i still don't think it's worth 1st for QB for 2QB league, unless it's 6pt TD in 2QB league, then it's different story
i would much rather do RB/top 5 QB/top 5QB or RB
unless megatron fall to you in 2nd round, then RB/megatron/QB/QB

like i said, 2 QB doesn't improve QB by much, differences between QB1 and QB10 isn't that huge, as long as you can have QB1 within top10, and QB2 within top 15, then you are good to go, but i won't jump all over in QB.

like i said, there are teams with Brady/Brees combo in 2012 and still didnt make it to playoff, and i was once think that 2QB = QB always first, which is not correct, it's just as simple as draft QB1 and QB2, treat it as same as other position.
Chaoyi Shih
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 224)

Postby giants71 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:14 am

Who do you think I go after round 5? I feel that brees rodgers peyton cam will all be gone. Do i take brady/ryan? Or take another RB such as Morris or McCoy or Mojo or something who may be there. thanks so much for your help
giants71
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby giants71 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:15 am

Who do you think I go after round 5? I feel that brees rodgers peyton cam will all be gone. Do i take brady/ryan? Or take another RB such as Morris or McCoy or Mojo or something who may be there. thanks so much for your help
giants71
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions